The Seer

Dean laid in the bathtub, gasping in raspy, pitiful breaths. All the water had drained, leaving him vulnerable and cold in his living skeleton. Occasional whimpers, like one of a wounded bird, escaped his lips every time a draft passed over his body. Though he was half dead, his mind and body still registered any and all discomforts as if he still had his organs and skin. Letting out a sharp gasp, Dean shimmied the back of his head against the backboard of the tub, dragging himself into a taller sitting position. Turning his eyes to the doorway, he called out in his gruff voice, "Hey! We're not done talking!"

Without a shadow or a sign, the demon appeared in front of him with a scythe in his hands.

Dean looked at the glimmering blade and then at the demon. Trying to suppress his fear, he said casually, "What's with the scythe?"

Akuji swung the blade out in a large arc behind him, held it there for a moment, and then swooshed it forward; the hook aimed at Dean's rib cage.

Dean let out a yell and threw his eyes shut. He felt something hit him in the center and then his body was lifted and tugged out of the tub. He opened one eye and saw the bathtub shrinking from view as well as his skeletal legs dragging in front of him. "Where are we going?"

Akuji didn't answer, he just continued hauling Dean out of the bathroom and then down a black hallway. There was no light, but Dean could feel grooves and bumps in the floor and hear deep moans echoing from inside the walls. He had heard them before-- and he knew who they were. The demon took a sharp corner, haphazardly banging the crown of Dean's head into the wall.

"Do you mind?" Dean growled under his breath. He craned his neck up to his left and saw stream of orange light filtering from a room ahead. Upon passing the light source, he caught sight of several people covering, what looked like, a very crispy roast. It smelled delicious and had an almost spicy quality to it. If he had his stomach, Dean knew he would have the whole thing devoured in minutes. Sighing at his loss, Dean took one more, long inhalation before disappearing around another corner. Once the pleasing scent filled his nostrils entirely, he was surprised by a sharp, overbearing aroma. Scrunching up his nose, Dean tried to itch it by moving the muscles in his face, but he only succeeded in sneezing.

After recuperating from his sneeze, he sniffed the air and caught the familiar musky scent again. In fact, it smelled like him. Dean's eyes widened and he twisted his neck around to look up at the back of the demon's shoulder. "Did you cook my skin, you son of a bitch?"

Akuji stopped and unlocked a door. With guided momentum, he threw Dean inside and unhooked the scythe from his rib cage while he was still in the air.

Dean felt his body suspended in the darkness and then, as if he was a wooden puppet, his bones clattered onto the stone and the back of his head slammed into the wall behind him. Having no muscles to re position himself, Dean remained jumbled in his limbs with his neck uncomfortably cramped against the wall. His breathing became shallow and he began finding it harder and harder to get air.

Long, grueling hours crawled by and Dean consoled himself with humming Lynyrd Skynyrd tunes and thinking of ways he could escape if he had suitable legs to walk on. He thought about Sam and Castiel, wondering if they were in transit and would appear to him at any second. Though, Dean began doubting his rescue and was aware Castiel was limited to the various portals to Hell; and he certainly knew Sam wasn't capable of walking through The Gates-- even if he did have a tattoo and pendant to ward off evil.

Dean's brows pulled in confusion and he glanced down at where his left pectoral muscle would be. He and Sam had been marked with a special tattoo that protected them from demon possession, which should have also protected him from being taken hostage by the demons. Looking around in thought, Dean searched his memory. He knew Akuji meant, dead and awake, which perfectly explained his certain situation, and he knew Akuji was a high-ranked demon. But that was all he knew at the moment.