Dean's Freak Out

Slamming the door to the hotel room shut, I walked off in a huff, done with Dean and his crap. I plugged my headphones into my phone and blasted Panic! At the Disco to help calm myself down.

"Hollie! C'mon, it's not that big a deal!" I recieved a text from Dean but I put on "Do Not Disturb" and effectively blocked any more notifications from him.

"I'm taking back the crown, I'm dressed up and naked. I see what's mine and take it..."

Ahhh... Brandon Urie's voice was so soothing to me. I began to relax and decided to walk into the woods about a mile away from the hotel we were staying at for this hunt we just finished. 

I started to sing along to the songs radiating through my headphones as I ran, danced, skipped, and hit random things. i felt free, like myself, and unwatched, unhinged from my daily stressors and duties as not only a hunter but as a homekeeper, to two grown men, a wife, and a soon-to-be mother. No, Dean did not know about the pregnancy just yet seeing as I didn't want to get his hopes up yet for something that may not yet happen when it's all said and done and after how he reacted to my opinion about hunter mothers, I'm not sure how he'd react to my particular news. 

Groaning, I continued to listen to my music, singing along and running about the woods, blowing off steam from the dispute I had just gotten in with Dean. 

After a while, I just flopped to the leaf-covered ground and breathed out a sigh of relief, calming myself and trying to find the will-power to get up and go back to the hotel room when I still don't want to be around Dean after he ticked me off. 

"Oh, please! Women can't be both a mom and a hunter! It's not possible, Hollie." Dean said to me after I said that women who hunt and are mothers are inspirational to me.

"I don't know, man, there's a lot of  women in th elore that have done that." Sammy said, coming to my defense, "I mean look at Ellen and Jo. She raised her daughter and was still a hunter."

"Yeah, and look what it got them, Sammy! They died! A terrible and horrific death. I could never put a child through this hellish life. And, I never will." Dean said bluntly. 

And it was at this point that I left.

"God, why is he such a turd?!" I screamed out, ripping out my earbuds, getting mad all over again. 

These stupid pregnancy horomones are kicking my butt already!

"UGH! Why is it so difficult to tell him that I'm freaking pregnant!" I shouted out as I punched the ground next to me. 

"Wh..what?" I heard a voice behind me say. 

I froze and slowly sat up and turned around. It was Dean. Oh, crap. 

"H..hey, hun." I said. 

"You're...you're preg...pregnant?" Dean asked slowly. 

"Ummm...surprise?" I said. 

"Is that why you ran out of there so fast?"

"Yeah, but look, Dean, I don't want to force the baby on you. If you're not okay with it, it's fine."

"No, babe, its amazing and wonderful. I'm so lucky to have you! And this little bundle of joy. I can't wait to raise them with you and Sammy by our sides."

"And we're raising them in this life because I need to keep this life for myself to stay sane. And I can't raise a family knowing what I know about the world."

"We'll talk more about that, but I understand."

"Thank you, Dean. And, I'm sorry I ran off and had you so worried that you came to look for me."

"It's understandable why you did, Hollie and it is 100% okay. I love you and I'm glad you're okay. I'm rather excited about this new little development in our lives."

I smiled, running to hug him and enjoying the feeling of comfort and warmth that I got from being in my husband's embrace.