Chapter 18

'Amber, are you awake?' I heard a voice say in the dark. I then opened my eyes to see a beautiful girl standing above me.

'Who are you?' I asked sitting up and standing as she helped me up.

'I am Grace.' she said looking at me with her brown eyes, she even had brown hair too.

'Hello Grace, where am I?' I asked looking around the forest and seeing a lake.

'You are in a place where good vampires go to when they have died, but me and you are not dead, we are just dreaming.' She answered putting her hand out and spinning half way showing me what I was seeing.

'How did you know my name?' I asked but she disappeared before she could answer. I then collapsed to the ground and closed my eyes.

***

I opened my eyes to my bed and I looked over to see that Isabelle and the crib was gone, I then sat up and tried to get out of bed but my head started to hurt so I slowed down but I fell to the floor. I then got a sudden urge to feed. I remembered passing out seeing Cory showing his fangs. I let him leave his mark on me, I'm his now. I smiled at the thought of that, I felt the bandage on my neck and touched it, I was a vampire now, wow. I then heard the door start to open, I rushed onto the bed and tried to look like I was just getting out of bed. I then heard the door and I opened my eyes and sat up slowly seeing Cory walking in with a bag that was filled with blood.

"You're up, I thought you would sleep a couple more hours." He said walking to me and handing me the bag. He then sat on the end of the bed and he placed his hand onto my ankle and rubbing my leg up and down.

"How long have I been out for?" I asked sinking my fangs into the bag and drinking it dry in 3 seconds flat.

"Almost 2 days." he answered taking the bag off the bed and placing it on my night stand next to me then he knelt down to my side and placed his hand on my head.

"Almost two days!" I said sitting up.

"You need to rest." He said trying to pull me back down but I stood up.

"Where is Isabelle?" I said looking at him trying to stand my ground.

"She is in the room right by us on our left, but Amber please rest." he said putting his hands on my shoulders but I just turned around and I was about to leave the room then I collapsed on the floor. "Amber, are you alright?" Cory said rushing over to me and lifting me up to my feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just tripped." I lied

"Uh huh, okay, I will let you see Isabelle for a bit, but you need to rest more after you're done." He said taking my hand and slowly walking me to her room. He opened the door and the room was all white with baby toys and baby items for Isabelle. I saw her crib and I walked over to it and placed my hand on Isabelle's cheek. I looked into her eyes and I saw one of my tears fall onto her cheek and I didn't even realize I was crying but I didn't care. I then turned around and hugged Cory, he hugged me back and was rubbing my back. I looked back at Isabelle and she was already sleeping.

***

I walked into my room after Cory told me he was going to go hunt with Michael. I sat on my bed and looked forward, I didn't know what got over me but I just didn't feel anything anymore right now. I stood up and walked to the bathroom and turned on the bath. I let it fill up all the way and then I put some soap in it. I walked over to the fawset and then I looked up. My face looked lifeless for a second and then I smiled. While I was smiling, tears went down my cheeks. I wiped them away and went to shut the bathroom door and then I locked it. I stripped down and stepped into the bathtub to relax. I then closed my eyes and remembered something, when my fucking rapist George did stuff to me as a child and pre-teen. I put my hands on my face and sobbed, I kept remembering that bitch and I couldn't get him out of my head. I then looked at my under boob and touched the mark, it then started to burn but I let the pain slip through. I started to peel off the bandage around my neck and I touched the mark Cory made on me. It still felt fresh but it wasn't. I then stood up and looked at the mirror by the bath tub and looked at the mark, it had scabs on it, which meant it was healing properly. I got out of the bath and drained the tub, I don't know why I made a bath but I needed to rest my body for even a second to calm down. I dried myself off and walked to my closest and put on sweatpants and a sweatshirt to feel warm. I put my hair up into a bun, I then brushed my teeth because they weren't brushed since last night. I unlocked my door and opened it seeing Cory standing in front of me with a bag of blood for me to suck on to regain strength. I smiled at him when he gave me the bag and I finished it pretty quick.

"Am I a full vampire, or did you just get a little bit?" I asked walking over to the bed and looking down at the floor.

"You're not a full one yet, I couldn't take all of you or else you would've been in a coma, but I did take most so you're already feeling like a new-born. I am gonna have another way turn you into one since you're half vampire already." he said taking my hands and looking at me.

"What way would that be?" I asked looking up at him.

"You will see, or else you could die from trying to get it too hard." he said smiling and sitting next to me.

"Oh okay, I am really tired." I said with a laugh and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why don't you rest for a few more hours." He said with a smile and lifting me up and placing me on the bed and putting a white fluffy blanket over me. I then smiled at him and closed my eyes to go into a deep sleep.