Chapter Six - New Guy

As I'm walking through halls, all I can hear is students talking about this new guy. I open the door to the stair well with a sigh.

"What's the matter Sasha?"

"I'm just tired of all the hype about this guy no one even knows! I'm really starting to hate him, and I haven't even met him yet! Dumb smart jock." I mumble the last part.

Breighlynn laughs, "That's such a contradiction. C'mon stop worrying about all those people and actually get to know the guy yourself ."

I frown and sigh again. "I guess you're rigggHT!"

I'm aggressively being hoisted from behind in the air by strong arms and so is Bre. We begin kicking and shouting.

"Put me down you creep!" I panic.

I'm gently placed on the ground by the anonymous person. When I look up I see it's Brian, Bre's boyfriend, Blake, and some other guys I've seen at my house a few times standing there laughing.

"Happy?" I ask Brian with a scowl.

Breighlynn is still in Blake's arms, so she visciously begins punching him in the back screaming jerk and other things females call their boyfriends when they're upset.

"Yes, sis I'm great!" He hugs me and gives me a wet kiss on the cheek. I wipe it off disgusted. "Today we have football practice and we get to initiate the new guy onto the team. I'm so pysced! I get to do the honors of making sure he really enjoys it here," he says with a mysterious grin on his face. All the guys high five each other and nod with the same facial expression. "Not y'all too?"

"Not us too what?"

"Obsessed over the new guy! Anyways....we gotta get to class, " I say suddenly a bit suspicious about they're motives for this new guy. " Hey, Breighlynn you...."

I turn and see Breighlynn and Blake basically sucking each others faces off. Ew. I shake my head, tell the guys bye and begin walking up the stairs. Once I reach the upstairs hall, Bre catches up with me. I look at her, She looks back blushing. We burst out laughing, earning a few odd looks and glares from students. Glares from mostly "wannabes" and teachers.

Finally, getting to science class I see the back of a guy standing in the middle of class with girls surrounded by him. Oh, so this is the new guy eh? Bre and I walk into the classroom. I go behind some girls and clear my throat.

"Do you mind if I.."

Before I can complete the question, the layer of girls answer with sure and create a path for me to get through. I walk into the circle and tap the guy on the shoulder then put my hand out. He turns around.

"I'm..." Then everything stops. I look into his eyes and we're like this for what feels like forever. Then someone comes in between us moving their hand rapidly in front our faces.

"Hellloooooooo, anyone there?" It's Breighlynn.

I shake my head and blink my eyes, as I do this the guy does the same. Then, we laugh and he lifts me up pulling me into a hug.

"What's up with people lifting me up today?" I say to myself.

"What?" he asks. Or I thought it was to myself.

"I said that out loud?" I ask in a high pitched voice.

"Um....yes." We laugh again.

Breighlynn, confused by our little laugh fest ask, "Can somebody tell me what's going on?"

All the people in the circle nod their heads in agreement.

"What the heck? This isn't the stories! Go to your desks!" Jason puts me down then I turn to Breighlynn.

"This is my long lost friend Jason David Michaels. One day, he decided to tell me at school, during lunch, he's moving out of state. The next day, sure enough, his mom and younger brother came get him out of class. After that....I never saw or heard from him again," I say turning to Jason with a pained expression on my face. "Until now," I smile, erasing all previous emotions, turning back around. "Jason this is my best friend Breighlynn."

Breighlynn looks at Jason. "When did you move, because I don't remember you from grade school." 

"Third grade," he responds.

"Oh, that's why. Well I'm Breighlynn and nice to meet you," she says with a huge smile across her face.

Jason slightly smiles and nods shaking her hand. "Jason. Nice to meet you too."

We were going to continue talking, but the teacher walks in asking us to take a seat. We do what was asked of us.

Class goes by rather fast. Periodically, I'd catch Jason looking at me or he'd catch me looking at him. We'd just smile and then continue working. 

Jason is 5'10 with dark brown hair that is straight in the back. but curly in the front. His eyes are hazel with long lashes and sharp eye brows. His lips are pink and full, but his sharp but somewhat soft jaw line brings his face together. He's wearing faded Levis with a buttoned down blue, plaid shirt and light brown trench boots. He also has a long, silver cross hanging from his neck. His bangs are spiked in the front today with blond highlights. He has on a silver watch.

It's five minutes until the end of class so we begin packing. I put my notebook and pencil back into my bag. It's almost time for lunch, and I can already hear my stomach growling.

"Hey, Sasha would you mind showing me to the cafeteria?" Jason asks.

"Sure, no problem." I tap on Breighylnn. "Bre, Jason is hanging with us at lunch."

"Okay," she says indifferently. Then I see a devious smirk on her face.

"Jason?" she asks.

"Yes?"

"Sasha loves you!" she shouts.

The class grows silent. I look at her with wide eyes. Did she seriously just say that? I begin blushing. Jason just sits there with his eyebrow arched giving an -is that so- look.

"Just joking," she says right after.

Everyone mumbles a silent oh, then go back to their previous conversations.

Jason then whispers a barely audible whisper just so he, Breighlynn and I can just here.

"Well, guess what? I love her to!" Then he kisses me sweetly on the neck.

I blush madly and cover my face. Then Jason pokes me in the stomach and laughs.

"I was only joking Sasha, don't worry about it," he says.

I uncover my face. Breighlynn and Jason are both staring at my face waiting for a response.

I giggle, "Okay." Then the bell rings.

I let Bre know my feet are killing me from my shoes so she offers her arm. We link our arms together so I can have extra support. The price of being a female, I swear. I offer my other arm to Jason because I feel like I'm leaving him out. He gladly takes it. We all walk arm in arm to the cafeteria.  When we get there, Bre and I will have to explain how things work at this school. This should be entertaning. I smile to myself.