Chapter Four - Jake

I attend North Singleton High School. It's that kind of school with freshly cut grass, no litter, wooden benches, picnic tables, giant oak trees, a large gym, cafeteria, and library, work- out room, new stadium, science labs, a study lounge and other "privileges" as the principle likes to preach about. We're also the school that comes on top everything in the state- State Football, Basketball, Track, Volleyball, Softball, Math, Science and Social Studies Fair and Student Council Champs for the past three years. It's a fairly wealthy school- kudos to us right? But what the media fails to mention is it's also a breeding place for the world's most fake people. But who cares? All they see is the perfect school, with it's perfect faculty, perfect sports teams, perfect test scores and the oh so "perfect" students.

I finally arrive at the place the state mandates I must attend for seven hours a day and about 180 days a year. Of course, I'm late. Since my relationship with Jake, this seems to be something I've been doing quite often.

I step onto the lush, fluffy, green grass of the school's property. Even though it's fall, it looks like spring. All of a sudden I hear feet shuffling and see a dark rather large figure shift behind a tree. My head immediately snaps. As soon as thought I heard and saw something, it was gone. Maybe I'm delusional? Whatever happened was enough to urge me to continue on my way.

I head to room 107, my first and favorite period of the day. Besides the fact that my teacher is easy to get along with, my best friend sits beside me in class- she's my relief when I'm stressed. As I near the door I can tell Mrs. Hemming, my English teacher, is giving a lecture about the importance of remaining seated during a lesson. I slowly open the door, and try to slip in like I usually do, but the door squeaks. Caught. Why now does this door want to squeak? It never squeaks! Damn door. Mrs. Hemming glares my way.

"Good morning Mrs. Hemming," I say shyly.

"Ms. Parker, why on Earth are you late and why are you sounding like a timid child that has been caught doing something wrong?"

"Erm..."

"....and where is your tardy slip?"

"I forgot to go to the office not wanting to be any more late to class," I grin satisfied with my response. Lame excuse, I know, but hell what was I suppose to tell her?- Oh I was just sneaking into class like I normally do. Hope you don't mind?... Didn't think so.

"You know the rules and procedures Sasha. Office. Now. Don't forget to return with your slip."

"Yes m'am."

Before I go, I see my best friend Breighlynn smiling. We share a silent, inside laugh.

As I was walking down the hall, I hear a door open then shut, then later here my named being called.

"Sasha, is that you?" I hear someone whisper loudly behind me.

I stop and turn. It's Caleob! He's one of my best male friends. I've always wondered if he was straight or not...but if he is...the things I could only imagine. Caleob is a 5'9 guy with jet black curly hair, tan skin, golden eys and a buff build. We've been besties since the beginning of 4th grade. I got tired of my friends...he failed and was stuck with kids younger than him. Instant friendship.

"Caleob!" I run and hug him.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders, " How has my cookie monster been?"

"Eh, could be better, but I would be content if my friend would call once and a while..."

" You know Jake would like freak, and probably try to murder me," he responds in a joking tone. If he only knew.

All of a sudden Jake walks out a classroom with nothing but a schoolbag on his back. Speaking of the devil's spawn.

When Jake sees Caleob holding me, I see anger fill his eyes and immediately I pull away. Even though I know he wouldn't do anything while someone is around, I'm still scared and I have my reasons. I know I'm going to pay for this later.

"Hey honey," I greet Jake as confidently as I could. As I go in for a hug, he puts his hand out stopping me.

"Stay away from my girl," he warns Caleob with demonic eyes. "or I will personally f***k you up."

Caleob looks at Jake, then back at me. I give him a pleading -I'm sorry- look.

"Whatever." Caleob mumbles. "Sasha, I will call you later and stop by when I can."

With that being said he walks off slightly pissed..I can tell. Now I'm stuck here..alone..with my worst nightmare. Just great. Well let the games begin.

Next thing I know I'm being forcefully grabbed by the waist and pulled into an empty corridor. He slams me into the wall and forcefully smashes his lips against mine. He lifts my legs to wrap around his waist. I try pushing him away, but his grip just tightens. One of his hands grabs my wrist and pulls my hand above my head while his knee smashes the other wrist by my waist. I try removing my lips from his, but he has my head against the wall. He removes his hand from my wrist and slides it into my shirt roughly squeezing my breast. My yelp is muffled and turned into a groan because of Jake's lips on mine. Then I hear someone clear their throat. Jake drops me, and stops what he's doing. Both of our heads turn toward the noise. It's principle Johnson. My face heats up, and Mr. Johnson just laughs.

"Now, what do we have hear?" he begins in a mocking tone. "Is this our star quaterback and most popular cheerleader trying to privately display their love for each other?"

Before I can say anything Jake pipes up.

"Mr. Johnson, you know she's my girl. I saw her, and I just couldn't keep my hands off her. She's a real prize you know. Any student here would kill to take my place, so I have to remind her every now and then I'm worthy of her loving and that she's mine and I'm not sharing. You just happened to be strolling by when I was expressing my love."

Mr. Johnson laughs. He freaking laughs! I can't believe he's buying this bull!...but then again...I once did too.

"Teen love, I swear. Now, I'm going to let you kids off with a warning. Get to class, and express your love off campus, please?"

"Yes sir," Jake says.

Right after Mr. Johnson walks away, a hand immediately connects to my face causing me to fall. Then a painful blow to my ribs with a steel toed boot. How he managed to not break my ribs shocks me, but I say nothing. I sob silently. When I said I was going to pay for this later, I didn't realize how soon later was.

"Stay away from Caleob."

He begins walking away, but then he turns around to shout.

"Clean yourself up, you're a mess. Gotta look good for this afternoon," he says with a innocent, childish smile and continues on his way.

I wallow in pain for a few more seconds, until I know he's gone. I slowly and silently, leave the empty hallway going to the restroom to freshen up. I wipe the tears from my face, rinse his saliva from my mouth and put my hair into place. Last, I apply a light layer of natural makeup to distract from my beaten body.

Eventually, I make it to the office and back to class. Once in class I ignore strange looks and do my work.

An hour and thirty minutes later, the bell rings.

"Hey, Sasha! I have something to tell you once we get to math class," Breighlynn screaches cheerily.

"Okay." Good thing math class is around the corner because I'm dieing to know what's up.