Chapter 7

Author's Note: Okay please don't kill me. I know it has been forever since I updated this story and I'm sorry. So sorry! But I have an update for you here now :D School is over and that means no more stress!! 

I hope you enjoy and are still interested in following this story :)

Chapter 7 

My head was spinning. My heart was pounding. Whether from my nerves or something else, I wasn’t sure.

Landon’s lips were warm against mine and as soft as a delicate flower. They moved with the slightest grace and caressed mine.

His hand slowly rose to rest on my cheek, causing a shudder to run down my spine.

Everything around us fell away and time seemed to stop. Landon’s mouth parted slightly and his tongue grazed my bottom lip and then his touch was gone.

My eyes flew open from the sudden difference and they were staring at his. My lips were tingling.

His face had only one emotion, surprise. He was looking at me as if I had an arm growing out of my neck. His cheeks had a faint redness to them and his eyes were bright.

I broke the intense eye contact and my sight fell onto the rest of the room.

I first saw Aurora, who had a smile that would compete with even the Cheshire Cat’s. “Oh! That was great! Better than I expected!” She slapped her hands to her cheeks.

Next my eyes went to Hayden, who still had his eyes covered. “Is it over?” he asked.

“Yes. Mr. Complain-A lot,” Aurora shot back to Hayden. He removed his hand from over his eyes and sat in his place next to Landon, giving him the evil eye.

“So who wants to go next?” Aurora continued to grin at me for another momentand then turned to everyone else.

“Um...I think I would like to go to sleep. It’s almost midnight.” Aurora pouted at me as I crawled to my feet and started toward the stairs. I threw one more glance at Landon as I rounded the corner. Our eyes locked once more, but with least intensity this time. We probably shared the same expression that read, what just happened?

I felt like I was in a fog as I got ready for bed and putted the sheets back. Were they talking about me downstairs now? About my sudden disappearing? And what was it that happened down there? A kiss from Landon was not supposed to be one that blocked out everything else! It was supposed to be like kissing a brother or something.

I stopped my train of thought, blaming it on my tiredness and pulled the covers up over my head as someone walking into my bedroom.

 “What?” I pulled my head up and saw Aurora pulling on her pajamas in the darken room.

“Sorry. Landon said that he wanted to go to bed too and then it was only Hayden and I left. What would be the point of playing truth or dare with only two people. So, I decided I would just come up here and go to bed too.” I nodded at her and when she came toward the bed, I wiggled myself to the edge, allowing Aurora to take the other half. “Night, Arabella.”

“Night.”

Within the next twenty minutes, I had fallen into a much needed rest. That was until about two hours later when I was lightly shaken awake by someone. “Arabella,” someone whispered near my ear. “Arabella. Come with me.” I slowly opened my eyes to see Landon squatting beside my bedside.

“What are you doing?” I furrowed my eyebrows at him. But he probably couldn’t see them in the dark.

“Come with me.” He gently grabbed my hand, slightly pulling me up.