Chapter 2

Author's Note: So here is chapter 2. Let me know what you think! Hope you like it:)

Chapter 2

“Arabella! Wake up and get ready for school! You guys are leaving in 20 minutes!” my mother's voice carried up the stairs to me, pulling me out of my slumber.

 “Ugh.” I rolled over in my bed and pulled the blanket up over my head, trying to block out life and get a few more minutes of sleep. Monday mornings were always the worst. I began to doze back off when I heard my door lightly open, followed by snickering and footsteps. Normally I would turn over and see who it was, but I was just too comfortable and too tired. “ARABELLA!!” a loud voice said right next to my ear. I shot out of my bed and fell to the floor creating a loud thud. Not the way I intended to find myself waking up.

I heard a quiet chuckle from the corner of my room and turned to see who the culprit was. Hayden and Landon were leaning casually against the door frame of my bedroom, already fully dressed. So much for my revenge. Hayden/Landon 2, Arabella 0.

“You should've seen your face. It was priceless.” Landon did a wide eyed, scared face,  an imitation of mine I was guessing, and continued to laugh.

“What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at home or something?” I directed the question at Landon, with my stomach still face down on the floor. The cold floor honestly felt good, if only It wasn’t so hard.

“I stayed the night! Is that such a sin? Besides my mom is out of town as usual.” I pulled myself from the hard wood floor and threw a pillow at the two of them. They skillfully dodged it and walked from my room still laughing. “I'll get you two back. Y'all better sleep with one eye open,” I yelled to them.

“We'll see about that,” Hayden called back from down the hall. No you won't see. You won't see anything, I mentally told him.

I toddled into the bathroom that was connected to my room and grabbed 2 towels from under the sink as I let the water from my shower heat up. When it was the perfect temperature, I hopped in, letting the water wake me a little and loosen my muscles.

After I was clean, I wrapped a towel around my wet body and put my hair in the other one, then went back into my room. As I scrambled through my wardrobe for something to wear, I came across an outfit I had yet to try. Slipping its material over my body, I returned myself to the bathroom.

I slide the towel from my head as my sleek, thin, blond hair cascaded down my shoulders. After I quickly dried it, I pushed my straight hair forward.  Then I took a second to inspect my reflection. I was staring back at my big, blue-green eyes and my fait completion with a red undertone. I hid this with a light layer of makeup.

When I was done, I ran downstairs and came across the sight of my mother buttering her daily 2 slices of toast and Landon sitting up at the counter in one of the high bar stools with Hayden.

I made my way into the crowded kitchen in search of something to eat. “Mom, what do we have for breakfast?”

“Just make something quick, sweetheart. I have to leave for work. I promise you, one day this week we will sit down and have breakfast all together. ” She grabbed her coat jacket and leather button briefcase then walked over to me, “Have a good day at school,” She turned her attention to Hayden, “You too, be careful driving,” she then turned to Landon, “Bye Landon.” We all said goodbye to her and then she left the room.

I heard the front door close and she was gone. I walked around the guys, giving them a look of disgust at the way they were eating, and opened the cabinet for a pop tart.