Chapter 4

Author's Note: Sorry it has been a while since I have updated, I have been getting into the swing of school again. Anyway here is chapter 4. I hope you guys enjoy!! Sorry its short!

Chapter 4

I just stood there, staring off into space, lost in thought until Aurora pulled me back to Earth. “Arabella? Are you okay?”

“Yeah. Sorry. I'm just a little out of it, that's all.” I glanced once more at Landon, but he has all of his attention focused on Tiffany. Her attention was back on his as well and she had a slithery fingers under his chin guiding his lips down to hers.

Hayden seemed to finally see Landon yelling, “Yo, Landon!” Even though Hayden realized that Landon was in the middle of a kiss, he went over to him.

Landon pulled back from the girl with hard eyes. “Hey.” He nearly whispered it.

“What are you doing here?” They did their handshake/hug thing and pulled back from one another.

“Just bored. How about you?” He spoke in his normal tone now and his eyes were no longer hard.

“I came here with the girls; they begged.” Hayden turned from his friend and grinned mischievously at us. Landon didn't do as much as look in our direction.

“Oh.”

Tiffany suddenly spoke up. “Hey Landon. I have to go. 'rents want me home for dinner. I had a great time,” she said in a flirty voice.

“Okay. Can you drop me off by my house?” Landon turned to the girl. He didn't have a ride of his own, because he had his car in the shop.

“Sorry. I can't. I'm already running late. Maybe Haydn can give you a ride.” She gestured to Hayden, still speaking in the annoying, fake voice.

“Yeah, dude. We were about to leave anyway. You can ride with us,” Hayden said before Landon could object to the girl's suggestion.

We were about to leave? We had just gotten here.

“Okay. Fine. I guess.” Tiffany gave Landon a peck on his cheek and walked away.

After she was gone Hayden and Landon joined Aurora and me in front of Victoria's Secret.

“Y'all ready to go?” Hayden looked to me for an answer.

I glared at him for a few moments until I thought he was uncomfortable enough.

“What?” he cluelessly asked.

“We have only been to one store, and you already want to leave.” I folded my arms in front of me.

“Is that a problem?” Landon stood behind Hayden and didn't utter a word.

“How about we take a vote on what to do? Shop or go home?” I looked to my best friend.

“Shop!” she threw out there.

“Hayden, I already know your answer. What about you Landon?” Landon looked up from his shoes and met his eyes with mine. He was looking at me but it seemed like his mind was elsewhere.

“It doesn't matter. I just want to go home.” I wondered why he didn't want to hang out with Hayden anymore. Was it him? Or was it something else. I didn't know.

“Okay. Fine. Whatever. Let's just go,” I gave up.

“That's a good little sister.” Hayden patted my head as if I were a pet. I swatted his hand away. Landon had already started walking toward the exit.

“Someone is moody.” Hayden walked up a little until he was side by side with Landon. “Yo, Dude. What's your problem?”

“Nothing. I just don't feel good.” He placed his handed in his low pockets.

“Anything I can help with?” Hayden asked trying to sound like a good friend.

“No. I can handle it.” Without one more word, Landon didn’t even look over at his best friend. He just kept his attention on whatever was in front of him and that was nothing. Something was up, and I was going to find out what that something was.

Author's Note: So what did you think? Please, please, please leave a review with what you thought! It would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for reading :D