Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter Twenty Nine

Lydia Dunst

Every time I looked at Dustin I saw the pain buried beneath his eyes. His Dad behind bars would give him some piece of mind. I wanted that for him.

I reached for my phone, on my night stand but it wasn't there and it wasn't on my bed either.

"Shoot..." I huffed. I knew where I left it. It was sitting on the bathroom counter.

The shower was running, Dustin had just got in. He won't mind if I just step in quickly. I walked to the door. There was an internal battle happening in my mind. To open the door or to just wait until he gets out? I shook my head, there was no reason for me to be worried.

I put my hand on the doorknob and opened it. "Hey, I forgot my phone in here." I announced myself.

"Lydia." His voice broke.

I gulped. A sob escaped his throat.

I closed the door behind me. "Dustin..."

I could see his silhouette through the shower door. His back was hunched, leaning against the shower wall. I could hear his cries over the sound of water pouring down around him.

"Dustin..." I reached down the button of my jeans and pushed them down to my ankles. Then pulled my shirt over my head. I couldn't believe what I was doing but as fast as I'd walked into the bathroom, I was standing there naked. I wrapped my arms around my chest, feeling exposed and vulnerable, yet ready to get into the shower with him. He was vulnerable too, I knew how he felt about crying in front of me. This was me being there for him.

I dove in with him. I'd catch him when he fell. He'd have me.

He didn't notice the door open. I felt the warm water run down my body as I ran my hand over his shoulder.

"Hey, it's going to be okay..." I muttered, pressing my lips to his skin.

I felt bad thinking about how good he looked with water running down him while he was sad, but I couldn't help it. My eyes trailed him from head to toe.

He turned around, although his eyes didn't waver, they just locked with mine as if he didn't notice I was naked. He's so good... I touched his cheek.

"I know..." He mumbled. "I just- I feel bad for feeling happy."

"What?"

"I like being here with you. I want to be here and I'm happy with you. But I lost McKenna and Bishop, I shouldn't be happy." He explained, clenching his eyes shut. I shook my head. There was so much I wanted to say but I knew it wasn't going to change how he felt. Actions spoke louder than words.

I pressed my lips against his and leaned into him. He loved me so good. For a minute it felt like we were the same person. I felt everything he was feeling deep in my bones and in my heart. Tears slipped down my cheeks but neither of us broke the kiss. His lips massaged mine, and his tongue slipped across my teeth.

Then something changed, the kiss was no longer simple. It grew complicated and strategic. He pushed me back against the wall. There was a hunger all the sudden. I could feel that too. Although I wasn't complaining.

"Lydia..." He moaned into me, catching his breath.

"Love you." I whispered.

He deepened the kiss with his body but then just stopped. He intertwined his body with mine. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Love you too."

---

"Are those blueberries?"