Chapter 10

Kendall

I am holding flowers in one hand and the other is wrapped around Nick's tiny hand. We walked down the cemetery — to Adam's grave.

After I got shot and apparently stopped breathing twice while taking the bullet out from my chest, I spend three months recovering from my wound and entire one year to deal with the fact that Adam died because of me.

Adam's parents had left him when he was young. So, he has no one but Nick and I. Adam could have find someone he love, spend his rest of his life with his future wife, succeed in his work and just... keep living.

But, because of how he came to look for Nick and I, he had to sacrifice his life. Because of him, Stanley Stone is facing death sentence. Stanley Stone might have buried the rest of the murders he did, but Adam's murder is good enough to keep him inside until he die.

Adam made Nick and I stopped running away from Stanley Stone. Adam made sure we are safe now. After trying to change my perspective on Adam's death, I became happier. I started loving the life I built with Cain and Nick again. I started to smile. I started to be thankful instead of swallowing myself in grief.

Today is his first year death anniversary and I brought Nick along to pay our respect. I passed Nick the flowers and he placed it on the grave, "Hi Adam. Mummy brought flowers for you and I brought my favourite car for you."

Nick placed a Bentley car figure on the grave, "I remember you told me that you love this car a lot."

I run through Nick's hair with my fingers. Because of you, Adam, Nick and I are able to walk around freely without feeling terrified. Thank you.

.....

En Blue is finally reopening after a year of hiatus. It took six months to rebuilt the entire place and another six months to make adjustments on the interior designs.

As I watched Nick running into the newly built En Blue, I shut the door of Cain's Tesla and walked towards the same direction that Nick has gone.

I opened the door and the entire restaurant is eerily quiet. It shouldn't be this quiet since all the employees in En Blue should be here celebrating the reopening.

"Cain? Nick?"

Then, fairy lights lighting up the entire restaurant.

Cain

"Okay, we are good to go." Abel announced, sauntering to the newly built staff area in En Blue. "We are ready for her."

Sierra is fixing my hair and checking my attire, "You're good to go, Cain. Abel is a good planner, everything will just be fine."

Aden wrapped his free arm around his wife, another arm is holding Jaxon. Aden grinning at me, "You can always try again if she says no."

"Aden!" Both Abel and Sierra shouted at him and I glared at my brother. Aden chuckled, "Sorry."

Jackie laughing at a side, "You look good, boss. I bet you won't even have to say your speech and she will be falling on your feet. Oh, hey, it kinda rhymes."

Everyone laughed at Jackie, easing the nervousness I'm feeling.

My heart is pounding. I am clutching the ring box so tightly. It was tough for me when I heard Kendall stopped breathing twice after she got shot. It was even tougher for me when I had to break the news to Nick that Kendall is in the hospital.

I have waited for a year for Kendall to walk out of her darkest days. She had blamed herself for Adam's death. She had cried herself to sleep for months. Until, I brought her to therapist. Then she began showing improvement. The lights came back in her eyes again. She started smiling again.

I have waited for a year to ask her to marry me. The moment she opened her eyes in the hospital, I know for sure I am going marry her. I know for sure I am never going to leave her and Nick.

"Cain!"

We heard Nick's voice as he ran into the staff room. This little guy knows how to keep secrets. He had involved in this proposal planning since day 1.

I opened my arms for him to jump on and he said, "Mummy is coming!"

"Wish me luck, buddy." I kissed him on his cheek and placed him down. Nick nodded, excitedly, "Good luck, Cain!"

"Cain? Nick?" I heard Kendall's voice.

Abel nodded and I saw the fairy lights lighting up as I walked out of the staff room to meet the love of my life. Kendall looked surprised at the decoration. When her eyes landed on me, my nerves went away. It was just Kendall and I.

"What is going on? Where is everyone?"

Music started playing and that's my cue. I pulled her into my arms, "Kendall."

She seems to be catching on what I'm going to do. Her eyes widened and tears glistening in her eyes. "Cain,"

"I have been wanting to do this since I met you here. Kendall, you have no idea how much I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You have no idea how much I want to watch Nick grow with you. When your life was draining from you, I felt my own chasing after you. I felt my soul leaving with you. Kendall, I have no idea how to live without you and Nick. So," I went down on my knee, with the ring between my thumb and index finger. "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?"

"Cain." Tears rolling down her cheeks and I watched her nod her head, "Yes! Of course I do!"

As I put on the ring for her, the sound of confetti popping startled Kendall. She jumped into my arm and when she saw the people around us, her smile widened. The smile that made me heart beat erratically.

"Yay! Mummy!" Nick came running toward us and I caught him before Kendall hurt herself from carrying Nick.

"Congratulations!" Sierra took Kendall in her arms, "Welcome to the family, Kendall!"

Aden pulled me in for a hug, "Good job, brother. Congratulations," He then went to Kendall, gave her a hug, "Thank you, Kendall. For making my brother a very happy man."

Abel shrieked, hugging Kendall. "I can't wait for my turn!"

"Maybe you want to get out of En Blue for once?" I teased. Abel rolled her eyes at me, continued telling Kendall how much she misses her.

Before Abel came back to plan for my proposal. She went to vacation all over the places. I can't even keep track of where she went. Then, she came back announcing that she is going to open up her own company.

Jackie joined Abel and Kendall in their hug, "When will I ever get a partner to love me for who I am? Congrats, Ken! I can no longer pull you to look at guys anymore."

I took Nick's hands and I lowered down to his level, looking at him. "Nick, what do you think about the name Nicholas Wilder?"

Nick looked at his mum then back at me, "Is that your last name?"

"Yes," I nodded and saw Kendall watching, her eyes teary again. Abel and Jackie are laughing at her for being such a crybaby.

"Can I call you my dad now?" Nick asked. "Since you are marrying mummy, means you're my dad?"

I nodded, "Yes. Do you want to?"

Nick wrapped his little arms around me, "Of course. Dad,"

If it's possible, my heart swells when I felt Nick's arms tightened around me. I kissed the top of his head and looked at Kendall. I lifted my finger up, draw a cross on my heart and mouthed, "I love you."

She smiled, lifting up her index finger, she cross her heart too.

The end