Chapter 17

A/N:  Thank you all so much for the reviews!  I love hearing from you all.  Now this chapter is a bit different.  You're getting 3 different POVs, so I hope you enjoy it.  Huge thanks to my awesome beta, Heather, for being so honest and encouraging.  On you go.

...............

Mike. I stared at my phone in horror as his voice continued to come through my phone.

"I saw you today," I heard him say. "You were talking with your roommate. I believe her name is Alice Cullen, isn't it? She's the sister of your boyfriend," he said, sneering the word. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing would come out.

Mike let out a laugh that had shivers running through my body and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

"Oh, I know all about the Cullens and the Hales. I've done my homework, Isabella. I've been watching all of you for weeks, and I know your schedules by heart."

"Leave me alone or I'm calling the police," I warned him, and he let out another laugh.

"Oh, I wouldn't do that. If you call the police something bad just might happen to your precious little Edward or your roommate."

I swallowed around the lump in my throat, and I knew his threats were very real.

"How did you get my number, Mike?" I finally managed to ask as Alice stared at me in horror before rushing out the door; probably to go get Edward.

"It was easy enough when Cullen leaves his phone lying about on the library table. A few swipes and ta da, I had your number," he said, his tone almost mocking.

"What do you want?" I spat out, my hand tightening on my phone.

"What I've always wanted. You. You're mine Isabella, or have you forgotten? You were always mine and always will be. I just might forgive you for your indiscretions with that boy. Have you let him touch you, Isabella? Has he turned you into his whore?"

I was trembling with rage, and I was seeing red.

"Don't you dare talk about Edward!" I snarled at Mike which only made him laugh.

"Oh, I'll do more than talk about him. I plan on removing him from the picture completely," he said in a cold voice, and my face paled. I had no doubt that Mike could and would commit murder if he deemed it necessary.

"Of course, you could persuade me to change my mind."

"How?" I choked out.

Mike just let out a laugh and hung up, leaving me confused, angry, and terrified. My hands were shaking so bad that I dropped my phone onto the floor and sat there almost paralyzed with fear. I jolted when the door to my room opened and Alice walked in with the entire gang on her heels.

"What did he want?" Edward asked, sitting down next to me and pulling me onto his lap.