Alexander hamilton x Reader

[Modern AU]

A/N: I'm currently writing this at 2am and I think I should get some rest. Also, this a short n' crappy chapter.

TW: None

======

The sound of your ticking clock filled the room. Everyone was asleep but you didn't seem to be sleepy nor tired. You shuffled around your bed to switch into a more comfortable position but you didn't seem to find any position comfortable. You looked behind you to check if alexander was asleep, he was sleeping like a baby. He snored lightly and his hair was a free mess.
You smiled at the snoring beauty. You caressed his cheek and admired him some more. Your hand shifted a bit as his hand made contact with yours.

"Sleep, my love." He said softly.

"Can't." You say kissing the tip of his nose. He fluttered his eyes open, the heavy eyebags below his eyes haunted him of all the late night shifts he took.

"Well, if my queen can't sleep, I shall not rest!" He protested softly still trying to get the energy to sit up.

"Alex, you should rest, I'll be fine." You say brushing his untamed hair.

"No! I shall accompany my queen!" He said sitting up. You sat up and with him and layed your head on his shoulder. He rubbed his eyes and yawned before opening the lamp you two had on the nightstand. He took your hands into his and kissed both of them.

"What shall we do for the night?" You shrugged at his question.

"Well we could make a fortess! Or we could watch some movies and make popcorn, oh we could put some butter just the way you like it. We could also finish the puzzle peggy gave us, that reminds me that we should probably get some decorations for christmas. How does gold and red sound to you? I mean for me personally it's-" You watched as he started to ramble his thoughts out. This was one of the things you admired about alexander, how he freely expressed his thoughts but sometimes this was the same aspect that made you irritated to the nerves.

"Alex?" You say softly. He didn't seem to notice it.

"Alex." You say again. He continued to ramble.

"Alex!" You yelled. This time he actually stopped and looked at you.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away again." He said in an apologetic tone.

"It's ok."

"Why don't we just... Tell each other stories?" You suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea." He said smiling at you. Oh how you loved that smile, that smile that made you happy even on your worst day, that same smile that made you fall inlove with the exact guy your with now.

You two layed back to bed and stared into the ceiling. Words rolled through both of your tongues as you each enjoyed the company of the other. With every word that left alex's mouth bursted a passion that slowly piled up. Everything about him made you so happy, so curious, and so loved. He wasn't like anybody else and you knew that, you knew that there wasn't another alexander in the world that could love you like he would. Knowing these things made you feel so lucky to have him.

"Honey? Were you listening to what I just said?" He said snapping you out of your trance.

"Oh, I'm sorry I was just caught up in my thoughts." You said placing a peice of your hair behind your ear. Alex brushed his hadn lightly on your cheek and kissed the top of your nose.

"Oh how I would love to hear all your thoughts, honey." He said sweetly placing his forehead against yours

"I think you should get some rest."

You hummed in response. You slowly pulled the blankets from the bottom of the bed and layed to your former position. You looked at alex as his droopy eyes started to get the best of him.

"Goodnight, sweetheart."

"Goodnight."