Chapter Eight: Lilium

"Justice in this world is just a bunch of principles made by those with power to suit themselves. No one really thinks of others. You will lose everything if you can't keep it up." - Kuroko Tamaki

XXXXXX

Kise Ryota entered the audience chamber, his boots making light tapping sounds on the ground, even with the heavy red carpet covering the ground. The King of Teiko sat on his throne, looking down at Kise even as he approached, with the king's ever silent bodyguard standing by his side.

"My Lord..." Kise spoke up, and the King raised an eyebrow before Kise took that as his cue to speak. "One of my men found this when he was patrolling." The blonde held up a piece of paper on which was scribbled something that looked remarkably like a drawing of some sort. Mayuzumi Chihiro approached Kise to take the piece of paper before handing it to the king. "He didn't think too much of it at first—thinking of it as some child's scribbles. But he got suspicious when he saw the same picture in several villages and towns." Kise bit on his lower lip. "We think that it's her."

Or more like Aomine got suspicious when Kise's man had entered the Commanders' Room to give his report earlier, and the blue haired man had then told Kise to report it to the king himself. Even from their time in the Academy, Kuroko Tamaki had ranked top in Strategy Planning and Academics. Several of the code languages that the Royal Guard and the Royal Army uses today have been developed by the former head of Intelligence.

"...I see." The king had a slight smirk tugging at the end of his lips. "She's summoning them." He said without a care in the world, much to Kise's surprise.

"Do you think that this is about Nijimura-san, My Lord?" Kise questioned. "Should we step up security around the Royal City?"

"It won't be needed, Ryota." The king said, his sole visible eye glinting with anticipation. "She's not attempting a breakout. She's gearing up for a fight."

XXXXXX

Hanamiya Makoto sneezed even as he shivered, wrapping his coat tightly around his body to prevent the cold winds from reaching him even as he followed his former comrades around.

It is currently late at night, and not a single soul was around, thus creating an almost creepy atmosphere. Honestly, if Hanamiya hadn't been more worried about soldiers stumbling upon them, he would be bothered by it.

"It's cold..." Hayama Kotaro breathed onto his hands to warm himself up.

"Damn that Tamaki...!" Nebuya growled to himself. "Couldn't she have made it easier to find her or their freaking base after leaving us that message all over Teiko? We'll get ourselves found by the Royal Army or heaven forbid, the Royal Guard sooner or later if—"

"I see that you're as loud as ever."

As one, the four young men got into battle ready stances, with one hand on their individual weapons as their eyes flickered around in suspicion for any sign of an enemy. Mibuchi Reo was the first to notice the teal haired young woman stepping out from within the dark shadows of the nearby alley—almost melting from the shadows itself. Her dark clothing didn't help any matters in helping to camouflage her. In fact, her teal hair is the only thing that stood out in the darkness—once they actually see her, that is.

"Tamaki...!" Mibuchi sighed in relief, relaxing his stance. "You're as difficult to see as always." He joked.

It is a running joke amongst the Royal Guard before everything had happened that the head of Intelligence is almost like a phantom in itself.

"Long time no see." Kuroko Tamaki nodded to the four of them, a small smile tugging at the end of her lips. "About time though. I was wondering how long it would take you to see the message that I've left you, and if you will even remember what it meant."