The Realization ?

I swear I had seen, red hot light flow from my hands and to my Uncles chest. I had been knocked to my knees from the impact.  I sat on the ground in an aspirated heap. I got up and walked over to the door and opened it. I found my uncle in a sleep ridden heap at the end of the hall. Remember I ALWAYS keep my promises, the gravelly voice from earlier and from the mirror whispered into my ear. I took all I had to not jump twelve feet into the air. I slammed the door on my uncle and locked and bolted it, then shoved a chair under then handle. I fell onto the bed in an exhausted heap and noticed that my body hurt in places I thought would never hurt or had never hurt before. I lifted my head and shifted it to look at the window, and that’s how I fell asleep, looking out the window look at the reseeding sun (sun set).

                                                        ****************************************

I woke in the middle of the night to a banging at my door. I groggily rubbed my eyes and listened the banging at stopped momentarily but I could hear heavy breathing from the other side of the door. “Addison let me in.” I heard my uncle whine from the other side of the door.

“No.” I almost yelled.

“Please.” He whined again.

“Fine” I said and walked over to the door and opened it to find my uncle drunk as an old alcoholic Scottish man. I kept my self-wedged in the door, keeping enough distance between me and him. “What do you want.” I asked staring up at him.

“I just wanted to make sure you were okay and wanted to see you.” He said the whine still hidden in his voice.

“Like I said before I don’t want to see you, and I’m fine, or at least I was in tell you came and woke me up.” I said putting my hands on my hips.

“I’m sorry Addie I wasn’t thinking I just need to make sure that you were ok.” He said.

“First of all don’t call me Addie ever and I know you weren’t thinking and again I’m fine.” I said getting really irritated.

“I know sorry.” He said giving me a small smile, I knew he wouldn’t remember I moment of this for he was so drunk. I nodded and turned to close the door before he shoved his hand into the opening. “Wait I wasn’t done I need you now.” He said his voice going all demanding again like the night before.

“No you don’t, go back to bed, sleep you’re not thinking clearly, your just making rash decisions.” I said pushing his hand back away from the door frame. He turned and almost smacked into the wall.

“Your right I wasn’t I mean I am, I’ll be back though.” He said and walked back down the stairs turning to look back at me longingly. I gagged and shut the door, making myself go back to bed.

                                                                             ***********************************

The sun peaked through the curtain and I listened to the chirps of the morning birds. I rose from my former spot on my bed and headed for the bathroom, my body still extremely numb. I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror and gasped at what I saw. My eyes had purple crater sized bags and fine lines of red that decorated the whites of my eyes, blood shoot, great.

I turned and walked back over to my bed room finding all my stuff from yesterday. I need to clear my head and the only thing I could think of doing was going to my little oasis and was going to swim my heart out. I looked and looked from my one and only swim suit my maroon bikini and sadly remember that it was still laying somewhere on the floor of my Uncle’s bed room, perfect, just perfect.