2.26 - A Day with Emily

Playlist:
     Beautiful - Crush (Goblin OST)

Alison/Sapphire

Creak

Creak

The chair continued to creak as I rocked on it, staring at the photographs on my lap. The photographs that have sent my mind into a frenzy. The threat to my children and me was long thrown out of the window. The only thing in my mind right now was the photographs.

The photographs of Ian and a lady in white who is definitely not Ashley. It was clear that the woman was Ian's first wife, Alison. I still remember the day Mr.Brown first saw me and burst into tears. Ian explained that it was because I look like his daughter. Till now I had no idea that we look this alike but then how can someone be so similar? Is she really my look alike or is this me?

But I don't think everyone around me will lie about such a thing. They all knew how much my past means to me and finding that out is the only thing in the world that I want the most. They won't do such a cruel thing to me.

I flipped to the next photo and saw the complete picture of the image I saw on the internet when I googled Alison Cullen. The girl that was cut out of the picture was her, my lookalike, or me... all of this thinking is beginning to give me a headache.

That's it! I'm not going to sit here anymore and think about it any longer. Thinking will lead me to more questions and more questions mean an intensive headache, which I'm not thrilled to entertain right now.

Instead of forming questions I'm going to go and ask them and the only person that can give me the answers was Ian. So I stood up from my rocking chair and was walking towards Ian's room. The door to his room was ajar so I didn't bother to knock before pushing the door open. I came in with an angry face and determination to get some answers, but all that vanished when my eyes landed on Ian's sleeping figure on his bed.

He was still dressed in his Armani and his shoes were still on, that means he threw himself on the bed; face first, as soon as he entered his room. A low chuckle escaped my lips before I started to remove his shoes and socks. I also removed his blazer and undid few buttons on his shirt. Removing the belt was too intimate for me so I let it be. I pulled the white sheet over his form before taking few steps back and looking at his peacefully sleeping face.

Now that I think of it, whenever I see Ian he always tend to have a worried crease on his face but now, while he was asleep there were no creases. I wonder what happened after Ian left the house! Did they manage to find Mr.Brown's whereabouts? I'll ask him first thing in the morning.

After seeing the photographs I didn't have the courage to face Ian. I was afraid that I'll lash out at him even before he has the chance to explain so I asked Aiden to accompany me to the doctor who was happy to do so. When I asked him about the photos his expression changed faster than a flash of light. He just told me that he isn't the right person to tell me about it, after that he didn't utter a single word.

I puffed out my cheeks and decided to let Ian sleep and get some sleep myself. Suddenly Ian started murmuring something in his sleep. I was too far so I couldn't listen properly so I leaned down a little. All I could understand was he was continuously apologizing to someone. Later I realized that the someone is Alison.

Feeling like I was invading someone's privacy I stood up and walked out of the room and into mine. Seems like I won't be getting any answers tonight.

*

"Where is Ian?" was the first thing I asked as soon as I entered the dining hall. "Drake came in earlier and dragged him out dear, do you want something?" Marie asked whilst pouring a glass of milk to the kids. I sighed in disappointment and shook my head at her. "Morning!" I greeted the kids with a gentle kiss on their foreheads. "Morning!" they replied in sync.