Mug of tea

-Ghastly

"What?" I choked on my tea and looked up, wide eyed, at my best friend to whom sat adjacent to me on an armchair in the front living space. Skulduggery cleared his throat and mumbled rather quickly, "I would have told you earlier but I got a little caught up..."
I stood up, "Caught up?! Caught up in what? We've always told each other everything! Why would you back down on something as big as this?
Skulduggery looked away, something else obviously lingering on his mind. I rubbed my brow and attempted to say something but the words got stuck in my throat. Skulduggery looked up pitifully. I sighed and sat back down, my head in my hands.
"I'm sorry Ghast, it seemed right at the time..." Skulduggery quietly mumbled.
I sighed and rubbed my head once more; "So," I started, looking up at him, "You want my help... I'm willing to give it..."
The skeleton perked up, "Seriously? I was under the impression that was you declining my offer..."
I sighed deeply, "Initially, in my place, no, I would refuse to help as it neglects my place as Elder... But, you're my friend and all things considered the amount we've been through together proves that things usually work out for the better if I place my trust in you."
Skulduggery made a muffled sound.
"What?!" I asked, smiling.
"The last time you said that to me, 48 hours later you ended up a statue.."
I smirked, "ha, fun times..."
There was a long pause.
"I take it Ravel doesn't know then?" I murmured.
"Ravel doesn't know..."
"That's good. I highly doubt he'd agree with you... You'd probably be locked up for mutiny against the Sanctuary... Actually it's a good job he doesn't know what Shudder does on a Friday night for the same matter." I sipped my tea.
Skulduggery laughed, "No... No, I didn't tell him because I knew he would try to stop us..."
I paused, looking up from the mug. "Us? Sorry what?! There are others? Why didn't you ask me? I could have helped you! I could bring in back up, make it an official plan!"
"It's only China and..." He stopped. "Only China and I..."
I looked hard at him and moved on from the thought in my head. "Why China? How do you know she won't just betray you?"
"I don't. Besides if she does it won't be unexpected. I'll be ready to take action."
I glared at the carpet, soaking everything in like a sponge.
There was a tremendously long pause.
"So. Bliv. She's going to die?" I felt my voice crack and looked back up at the man in the armchair who had his skull in his hands.
He sighed "Unless we can find a way to prevent it.. Yes.." His black eye sockets gazing into mine.
"Then we must find a way..." I stood from my seat, "No matter what happens we will find a way to separate those two girls."
Skulduggery remained sitting. "Even if it means trapping one in an alternate dimension to do so." He cocked his head and looked up at me. I stood and looked at him for some time and then felt myself nodding, even though every feeling in my body was screaming 'no'.

*********************
AHHH I had two mins to update before my parents blocked Wattpad (it's exam season)
So sorry for the wait all! (Soz vin! Well done on 200 reads!)
Actually that reminds me... AHEM...
Dearest all,
Please could u read (because ur all amazing like dat) @MaryBethP's books BECAUSE THEY R IMMENSE AND SHE IS IMMENSE AND MY BEST FRIEND AND AWESOME AND.. YEH.. soo pleeeeeeaaaassssseee read dem (Nightshade Armageddon is a Skulduggery fan-fic btw skuttlebugs...) and u won't regret it, she is a MUCH better writer than me and deserves SOOO much xxxxxxxxxxxx like soooo much xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you all for everything you have all made me soo happy by getting me to 740 and it's like... Wow... My self confidence has gone... Whoosh...
So erm yeh I gotta go now ;D
Thank you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx