Trinity Shadow

-Trin

I turned, yawning and came over the impression that I nearly fell off the bed before dawn broke through my darkened eyelids and I woke to the sound of my door banging.
"Trinity? Trinity get up!" Another bang,
I tossed a cool pillow over my head and placed my hand over the top, welcoming more sleep and less noise.
"Trinity I need to talk to you get up!"
"No... Solomon it's a Sunday!" I groaned.
"Ah so you are awake... Trinity get out of bed and talk to me like the responsible adult that you are..."
"But it's a SUNDAY!" I yelled tossing my pillow aside and swinging my legs over the bed and onto the cold, stone floor; which I had covered with a rug. I checked myself in the mirror, smoothed my hair and opened the door,
"What?"
Solomon Wreath smiled, "Oh good Lord you look dreadful..."
I scowled and said nothing.
He laughed, "Right grab your robe, I need you downstairs, now."
"I'm sorry?" I turned and unhooked my dressing gown from the hook and flung it over my shoulders.
"I'll explain, lock your room and follow me."
Grabbing my key off the side I did as told, pocketing it after use; and followed him down into his office.
"Close the door." I turned and closed it after myself.
"What is it?" I asked urgently, my back to the door.
"I'll make this quick because I know how much you love being dragged away from sleep..."
I smirked.
"Trinity do you remember what I told you about the Faceless Ones?"
I swallowed, remembering the manuscripts, the legends and the reality behind the name, "Yes, yes I do sir..."
"And do you remember me swearing to your younger self that they would never return, and that you would remain safe under the bounds of this temple; how dangerous these beings were and how many lives they have destroyed..."
Wreath suddenly looked weared and old under this light, shadows of doubt lay under his eyes, "Yes Solomon I do..."
"Well I'm sorry Trin, I've lied to you.." He put his head in his hands.
I came forward and looked him his finger covered eyes, "Solomon what's wrong? Tell me please..."
He sighed deeply and removed his hands, "I got a phone call last night from Ravel, we've had an unexpected turn of events... And... Well they're coming back Trin, they're coming back..."
"What?!"
"I thought I was keeping you safe here, I was sure nothing could harm you here... I've just plunged you; the last prized thing I have left, into almost certain death..."
I could see tears in his eyes.
"Do you mean to say, the Faceless Ones are returning?"
He nodded. My heart fell.

**************************
This chapter is dedicated to @ellieose,
Trin, sorry I haven't done you one til now...
It's okay I've got plenty more in store for u hun xxx
Hope it wasn't too bad..
DONT FORGET TO COMMENT MY LOVELIES AND YOU SEE THAT LITTLE STAR..
IT HAS A SECRET INFATUATION FOR YOU. NOW LOVE IT.
thanks S'MALLOWS!
Xxx