Chapter Five

Chapter Five:

Anastasia didn't reply for a moment, still in shock.

"Princess, I already know I'm good looking without you gaping at me,” the man's voice reached Anastasia's ears, a hint of smugness in his words.

Anastasia finally snapped out of her daze, looking down, "My apologies Sir Dagon, your appearance caught me off guard, I was under the impression that Sorcerers weren't so-"

"I understand my Princess, it was the same reaction your cousin had, and I am quite used to it. I do have to ask you not to call me Sir, I am far from a gentleman in that manner and very much not on the level of regal blood. If you wish, you may call me Dagon, simply Dagon," he interrupted her.

She nodded, "I may be a bit slow to put that into practice but I will try Si- Dagon..."

Dagon smiled, though it did not reach his eyes, "Now that formalities are aside, let's get to business, I hear you sister has been brought back to take the throne leaving you as the extra, am I correct?"

"Yes, quite..."Anastasia replied, her voice clearly bitter, her eyes sparking with anger.

"And I assume you want the promise of the throne back in your hands, correct?"

"Yes."

"Do you want her to stay alive or be killed, I can do either for you."

"Alive but I want her miserable as I have been, if not more," Anastasia replied.

"Well then I have a deal to make with you , in the next two months you are to act normally and give no reason for anyone to suspect you, when I contact you next I want you to ready yourself to come to me for my payment. I will take care of things on my end but if you don’t keep hold up your end I will make sure you are exposed and disgraced, understood?"

"Perfectly, what are you going to do on your end?"

Dagon smirked, "I will discuss that with you when we meet in person."

"I demand to know what you are planning to do, I am not going to agree to this until you tell me or the whole deal is off!” Anastasia exclaimed, irritated by his vagueness.

His expression darkened, "You have no right to demand anything of me, and you agreed to my conditions the moment you called on me, if you back out now I will make sure you are shunned from your kingdom forever. You know not the extent of my powers dear, don't test me."

Anastasia swallowed hard, mentally trying to close off communication with Dagon, suddenly realizing the mess she had gotten herself into. Dagon smirked at her dangerously, "I have too strong of a hold on you now my dear, even if you had the strength to close the bridge between our Mirrors, I have hold of your mind."

"No.... please... I've changed my mind," she whispered weakly, her back against the opposite wall.

He ignored her pleading, using magic to step across through the Mirror, into the room with her, "You will be my puppet, the rightful Queen of this land with me at your side, and I dare you to defy me."

Anastasia's eyes widened, she shook her head fervently, and she steeled herself against the spell he seemingly was casting upon her. His eyes narrowed angrily as he closed the distance between them, leaving barely a few inches between them, his breath brushing her face as he moved his face towards her ear.  

"You will regret defying me, I offered you the easy way but now that you've tried to back out, I'll just have to take you with me and keep you until you submit," he whispered darkly into her ear before grabbing hold of her arm and forcing her to follow him back through the Mirror.