Chapter 5- Regret

(Haldir's P.O.V)

'No your not!' King Thranduil yelled at me. I stepped back, shocked at his tone.

'But, your majesty.....,' I began. He looked up at me.

'Are you certain, the princess was my wives daughter?' I finished.

'No, would there be any way to find out if she was?' My king asked.

'I gave her a crystal gem. Does she have it?'

'Ask her?' he suggested.

'But she is a princess and I am only a guard,' I protested.

'Then i'll come with you,' he offered.

'Thank you,' I replied.

Thranduil led me to her chambers and knocked on the door. She opened it and was astonished.

'King Thranduil,' she greeted,' what can I do for you?' He nodded at me and I stepped forward.

'Your majesty, do you have a crystal gem?' Sudden fear crossed her face.

'I do...it's right here,' she replied pulling up a necklace from her neck. I gasped as I realised that on the necklace, was the crystal gem which I had given her.

'Where did you get it?' My voice cracked in despair.

'It....it was my....mothers, she gave it to me before she died,' the princess gasped. I had always assumed that my wife had died but I had never found a body, but now I knew for sure that she was dead, my one true love was dead. I couldn't stop the flow of tears that ran down my cheeks.

'Come in,' she offered and looked at me with her mother's caring eyes, she looked so much like her. Thranduil and I came in to her chambers and sat down on a couch.

'Who are you?' She asked politely.

'Your mother's husband,' I replied. The cut of wine that she had began to sip from, fell through her fingers and crashed to the floor.

'No, it's not true. She said you died...she said you died,' she repeated.

'She thought I died?' I replied shocked,' what did she say?'

'She told me that her one true loved, died protecting me,' she replied. I felt numb.

'How did she die?' My voice cracked.

'She was shot by an arrow, it was a quick death,' she replied.

I nodded and was about to burst into tears so I asked,' could you please excuse me, your majesty.'

'Sure,' she added and I left the room.

(Narrator's P.O.V)

'You lied,' Thranduil accused.

'No, I didn't,' she replied.

'Really, about your mother?'

A tear dripped from her eye,' how did you guess?'

'You didn't meet his eyes when you said it. And your father said she died in childbirth. You are both lying,' he assumed.

'Fine,' she sobbed,' he whipped her.'

'He what?' Thranduil yelled.

'Shh...she disobeyed him...she wanted to run away with me...,' her face was red and puffy now. Tears running down her face and Thranduil did the one thing he knew he shouldn't. He sat next to her and hugged her.

~Sorry for not updating in a while, I hope you enjoyed. If so leave a vote and comment! Don't forget to follow! Thanks a ton and you're all awesome!

Sammy Wammy (not Madi)