Chapter 2- Don't Tell Father

Chapter 2- Don't tell Father

Never let your doubts have the best of you.
-Anonymous

I froze, and looked up into his beautiful eyes. He frowned considerately as he examined my face. I gulped as I realised that he could indeed see my elf ears. A strand of his blonde hair fell over his face. He didn't bother to move it. His crown sat nicely on his head and the dead branches looked as red as blood.
'I...I..,' I began but failed miserably.
'Are you an elf?' He asked examining my elf ears, his voice was so calm.
'Half,' I squeaked,' my mother was an elf.'
'What are you doing out here?' He sighed.
'I wanted to go exploring,' I darted my eyes away from his in shame.
'Why?,' he asked,' why would a princess like you, soon to be married I might add, go exploring in my kingdom.'

'I don't know, I was just enjoying the last opportunity I will ever have of being free,' I told him truthfully. As soon as I was married, I would have to stay home. He ignored my statement and pulled me up.
'Come,' he ordered me. I tried to stand up but failed miserably. I winced as pain shot up my leg. I looked down and saw that my left leg was covered blood. I must have managed to cut it on a rock.
He rushed to my side and picked me up bridal style. He carried me to the castle doors, I was still in shock as the guards took me from him. He had actually carried me.

A male elf with dark hair bandaged my leg wound and I was taken to my father's room, I gulped as I thought of what he would say. When he saw me, he smiled and led me inside. As soon as the door shut his face turned into an evil glare.
'Really Aranel? Now they know you are a bloody elf,' he hissed.
'Sorry, father,' I muttered.
'If the emperor does not accept you, you will suffer just like your mother. Do you remember the whips, do you remember the burning, do you remember the pain you felt. You will marry him and you will be an empress and your first son will rule the kingdoms. Or you will be burned at the stake like your mother. Do you understand me?' He asked. I nodded but I wouldn't let the memory of my mother burning be in vain. One day I would get revenge.

'Go back to your room, I will pretend that tonight's events didn't happen,' he ordered. I opened my door and began to walk towards my room. I heard the elven footsteps of someone behind me. I realised I was being followed by the king who definitely heard what had just happened.
'Know you know,' I told him and left him standing there completely shocked.

(Sam thanks you all for reading, if you enjoyed hit that vote button, comment if you want more, and follow!)