Chapter 3- Swimming

Chapter 3- Swimming

I sat in a tall tree next to the river that I nearly drowned in. No one has talked to me since that incident, that includes the Elven King. I was learning to ignore my feelings for him. He was married, had a very young son and he was the king of Greenwood. I was marrying an emperor. We were going to leave in two days and I hoped my feelings for him would be destroyed. I snapped out of my daze when I saw the young prince run towards the river with his nanny.

He began to play in the shallows, and he screamed when suddenly the shallows turned into deep water. He was beginning to go under, it had happened so suddenly. The king then dived in to save his son, who's foot was caught under a submerged log. The water became clear and I could see the king trying to move the log. The prince managed to escape from underneath the log but the king became trapped. He was drowning. With out thinking, I jumped out of the tree I was in and landed with a splash into the water. I held my breath and swam towards him.

His face was going blue and I grabbed his hands and pulled the nearly unconscious king up. I pulled him to the shore and turned him over. He began to cough and spit out heaps of water. He was really weak and his guards took him back to the Elven Kings palace. They left me siting there cursing myself. Father was going to find out because in the water, the elven kings eyes had met mine. I began to daydream of my mother.

***

'Shh....,' my mother hushed at the three year old me. Her husband ran towards her. He had long blonde hair, grey eyes and elven ears
'They're coming, honey. They will take our daughter,' he cried. My mother had blonde hair and blue eyes.
'Go, run as far as you can,' my mother gasped,' they'll kill you. They want the child, she is the king's child.'
'She may not be my biological child but she is our daughter. And I will protect her or die trying,' he bravely spoke and he drew his sword.
'If I don't return, give her this.' He bent down and gave three year old me a necklace with a crystal gem,' it was my mothers and if I fall it shall be hers.' He gently kissed my mother and left.

They came into the hut and they took me and my mother. The king was pleased when they brought me to him. All of his sons and daughter were dead and this child would marry the young emperor and he would have all the riches he desired.
'No one will know that you are a bastard's child. And no one will know you are an elf?' He hissed glaring at my elven ears.

***

I felt a small tear drip down from my eyes and I sighed. Some memories, I would never forget.

-thank you to all of you for reading and your patience for the update!
We love you all! Don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you.