CXIV

We returned to Antoine's parents house after 4:00 and it wasn't until we were going up the stairs that we felt how tired we actually were. But of course that Antonella wasn't going to make it easy for us, as soon as we lied down she cried.

Alain and Isabelle stayed longer at the hospital and as soon as Theo heard Antonella cry, he rushed to the room and he was surprised to see us. He asked us many questions as we fed Antonella, we told him everything, except the name, Maude made us promise to not tell him.

That day was very tiring, around 9:00 after we managed to get some sleep and Antoine's parents came back, we headed to the hospital to visit.

Maude looked so much better, Guillaume was the one looking like he was the one that gave birth. He barely talked while we were there and he was close to falling asleep. Today I even had the chance to carry Geoffrey.

I even got a bit melancholic, remembering when Antonella was that small. She was turning four months in just two days and she was getting bigger and bigger, she would start to sit on her own soon and probably teething and eventually say her first word.

Right now it was hard to tell who Geoffrey looked more like but I saw a glimpse of his eyes and they were a crystal blue, like Guillaume's but I was betting he was going to look more like his mum.

"I can't wait to see Ella and Geoffrey playing together," Antoine said as he held him in his arms. "I know I will have to wait a while for that, though."

Antoine had called earlier and excused himself from training, which was going to be very light anyway. He was going to join them for a talk later though, so they can discuss strategies and stuff but that was after lunch.

We stayed at the hospital for an hour. Then Antoine gave his sister a very big hug because we weren't going to see her for at least two days. We had to drive back to Saint-Denis later and the match was tomorrow, so the sooner we could get back here was on Monday, the day after the match.

Maude said she was very sorry for missing the final match but promised to watch it on TV, maybe by then she was back home, at least she hoped that.

Then, we had agreed with Alain and Isabelle to meet at a cafe, they were going to bring Antonella, Theo and Enrique. It wasn't far from the hospital so it took us about five minutes to get there.

Now that the baby was born, everyone had changed the plans. Alain and Isabelle weren't coming to Saint-Denis today but until tomorrow so they can spend some time with Maude. Theo wasn't coming with us anymore, he still hadn't gone seen her to the hospital and he was going to after this meeting.

Antoine took Antonella in his arms for a few minutes until he let his dad hold her, he almost didn't have a chance to hold her these last few days with Isabelle and my own parents around.

What was supposed to be only a quick gathering to drink some coffee because we all needed some, became a lunch. I ordered a sandwich while Antoine got a hamburger with French fries, he was supposed to eat healthy but he claimed he was craving that for days. The coach wasn't here so I let him cheat.

After that, we went back to the house and got the few stuff we had brought, the rest was back at the hotel in Saint-Denis. We hugged Antoine's parents and Theo good-bye and let them hug and kiss Antonella too, who was getting a bit cranky at the moment.

"I'll miss you," Isabelle told Antonella as she kissed the top of her head and then she gave her to me.

I put Antonella in the car seat while Antoine got our things in the trunk. He was so exhausted and knowing he really needed the rest so he can be his best for the match tomorrow I took the car keys from him and got in the driver seat. Antoine didn't protest like I expected, he just went to sit next to me without saying a single word.