Chapter LI

Unfortunately for Karim, James, Iker, Gareth and Luka they had training only an hour after we got back to Madrid.

Antoine was lucky to start trainings until Monday, so he had the day off to sleep or do whatever he wanted to do.

Daniela had to get back home to look after Salome, and I assumed the other wags needed to get back home for the same reason, they all had at least a kid. For what I heard they all left the kids together with a nanny and Luka's wife, so the kids also had fun while we were away.

Daniela looked so tired and worn out that I offered myself to look after Salome for a few hours so she could rest a bit, at first she refused but I told her I took a nap the day before just before leaving for the party so at last she agreed and went to bed after we picked Salome up from the Modrics' house.

Salome was full of energy today and I didn't even want to move but I promised Daniela I would take care of her, I offered to do that so now I had no way out.

"Did you have fun with Alba and Ema, Salome?"

Salome said nothing, she just giggled as she grabbed a doll. Salome can only say a few words but she mostly babbles, somehow James and Daniela understand her, I have spent several days with her and I still don't understand what she says or wants to say.

"What about Ema's brother, Ivano? Did you play with him?" I asked her, even though she wasn't answering my questions. "I suppose Martin it's a bit too young to play with him, huh? But he will grow up quickly and you will be able to play with him too."

I lied down on the floor in front of Salome and grabbed one small dog toy, it was a poodle. Salome grabbed another dog and we started to play, but I think lying on the floor was a bad idea because my eyes kept closing, I just wanted to put my head against the floor and sleep but I couldn't do that now.

Just as I was falling asleep, I heard the bell, which kind of woke me up. I hadn't even noticed I was about to fall asleep. I sighed as Salome ran to the door, I had no choice but stand up quickly and go after her.

The bell was rung again, I grabbed Salome by her tiny waist and lifted her up and carried her with my left arm as I opened the door with my other hand.

I gasped as I saw him standing right in front of me. He had a smile on his lips and he didn't really look tired, he actually looked quite refreshed.

"Hey!" He greeted me with a big smile. "How are you?"

"Tired." I said before I could stop myself.

"And who do we have here?" Antoine asked, looking at the toddler in my arms, who hadn't said a single word or made any kind of noise since I opened the door. Salome had never seen Antoine, except when she was like a few weeks old, so he's a complete stranger to her and she got shy when she saw him.

"She's Salome, James and Daniela's daughter." I said smiling down at Salome. "Say hi, Salome."