Places

Katharine's POV

"Obviously, the theme is reinvention, and the show clearly states it, but it needs to be bold... Obvious, really--" I explain, to be cut off my the short tempered Jessie Collins.

"Woah, woah, woah, no! We don't need pointers from you!" he screams, turning from the piano.

"Jessie--" Timmy tries to calm him down.

"No, no, Timmy! I'm not changing my work because ONE person doesn't appreciate it."

"I never said that I didn't appreciate it, I just said it needs work." I turn to Timmy reassuringly, "Like all musicals do... I mean, how many times do you think Jonathan Larson rewrote for RENT..?!"

Jessie stands up and walks into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

Timmy's POV

"Don't worry, Kat, he does this all the time." I smile to Katharine. She gives an uneasy smile back.

"Well, I need to be going... I've got a 54 Below concert in three hours." she hands me an envelope. "If Grumpy ever comes out of his mining hole, come see the show."

Two tickets to her show tonight. Wow. "Woah, Katharine, I -- we can't accept these."

"You better. I know you wanna go. See you then." she says, leaving the apartment.

Jessie's POV

A few hours later, I walk out of the bathroom. Timmy hands me a ticket and tells me to dress nicely. I sigh, and, knowing that it'll keep him happy, obey. We leave an hour later, arriving at the small concert/dining hall.

"Hi, hello, everyone." Kat says on the microphone. I've never seen her with a fancy dress and makeup on. I have to admit, she was even hotter. "Welcome to my first solo concert here at 54 Below. I'm gonna start out with the song that gave me my new beginning years ago, from a little musical called Cats." Applause erupts throughout the petite room. Katharine giggles as her piano man begins to play.

"Midnight, not a sound from the pavement... Has the moon lost her memory? She is smiling alone..." she sings softly, completely mesmerizing me throughout the performance. Her facial expressions are so beautiful and tragic at the same time. "Touch me! It's so easy to leave me... All alone with my memory... From my days in the sun..." she continues. "...Look, a new day has begun...." she smiles, looking to the unknown distance. I stand up from my seat, loudly applauding. She looks my way, a small smile appearing on her face.