1

Q.

I looked ova' at ha' and bit my lip. Baby girl looked so innocent and I really didn't wanna corrupt her.

That was never my plan. I think it just happened. Everything I touched, crumbled. I didn't wanna do that to ma.

I pulled up my pants, and touched my thooka on my hip as I walked over to her.

She looked up at me and immediately her face scrunched up.

Damn, I thought. I'm that toxic?

"What's up ma?" I stood next to her leaned up against the wall.

She twisted her lips to the side.

"Nothing."

I looked at her outfit. She was at a house party in a pleaded skirt, a button up white-collared shirt, and some sparky ass flats.

Who da fuck dressed her?

"You seem bored as hell, like this ain't yo scene." I pulled out my blunt and lit it.

She again, scrunched up her face and fanned the smoke I blew out.

"Why are you smoking?"

"Why you so uptight?" She pulled her neck back.

"You don't even know me."

"I'm trying to tho'." I said pullin' at a piece of her hair.

She smacked my hand away.

"You're not goin' too. If this is your way of flirting, it's not working."

I sucked my teeth.

"Okay but who said I was flirting with yo ass?"

"It's obvious." She crossed her arms and mugged me before attempting to walk off.

I caught her by her arm.

"Why you so hostile fo'? Like you probably just need to be fucked."

She gasped before smacking me my mouth making me bite my lip.

Her attitude was always a turn on, but she had her times where she pushed me to the edge. I loved her demeanor tho'. She was uptight as fuck, but when handled her business when do.

She got her props.

I poked the inside of my cheek with my tongue and walked away. I had anger issues and I would dead ass drop her right then and there. I almost wanted to shoot her ass for disrespecting me.

Stupid bitch, I thought.

Little did I know, that stupid bitch would mean much more to me after that run-in.

Ryan.

"Come on sis, you never want to do shit." She rolled her eyes pulling from the blunt and I fanned it.

partying was never my scene to be honest. I like to stay home, listen to music, work, and read books on Wattpad. I was honestly exhausted from a very long Friday and just wanted to go in my place of comfort and sleep.

"No for real girl, you's a lame hoe." Kia's friend butted in.

This was the reason I didn't wanna come out. I honestly didn't know why she even brought her. She was always so sour.

"Don't talk to her life that. Stupid ass. Look if you don't wanna go, I'll take you home. But we both know you don't wanna be there." I quickly denied the offer.

"No. I guess I'll go."

"You gone change?" I looked down at my outfit.

"No." Kia shrugged.

"Suit yourself." Her friend looked me over before dying in laughter.

I rolled my eyes and proceeded to get in the front seat of Kia's Malibu. Kia's parents spoiled her so much, so I really didn't understand why she was so rebellious. She did everything they told her not too.

If I had parents like hers, I would never disobey then. I'm not saying I do now, we just don't have the best relationships.

As we pulled up to the house party, the music could be heard from blocks away. It was the definition of "litty" as people called things at my school.

"This looks fun." I said taking in all the black people doing their own thing. Some where dancing, smoking, drinking, and of course spitting game. I loved me some black people until shit popped off.

"You would know what fun was." Nay butted in and if looks could kill she'd be 40 feet under. I didn't have a reason not to like her, so I tolerated her. She was so annoying though.

"Right." I linked arms with Kia as she begin posting on Snapchat about the party. I smiled every now and then as I was put into view but I didn't say much.

"Owe, they giving free drinks. Let's go get some." Nay pulled Kia's arm, unlinking ours and mugging.

"Don't ruin her fun just cause you a sour puss." Kia sighed, I guess being annoyed just as much as I was.

"Nay, shut the fuck up. Like damn. Ry, I'll be back, okay?"

I nodded and pulled out my phone, as they walked off but not before hearing Nay whisper to Kia about how I was an uptight bitch.

I bit my lip in anger and scrolled on my twitter seeing all the newest post. I was getting annoyed and I really thought about just walking home and dealing with whatever. As I continued my scrolling, I had an weird feeling that I was being watched. I looked up and made eye contact with one of the biggest trouble makers in our city.

Q.

He went to my school, before he dropped out. We also had a couple of classes, but he never noticed me.

Not that I wanted him too anyways.

He probably never even seen me how low key I kept so I wondered, why was he staring at me.

I'm literally a nobody.

By the time I looked up again from my phone he was making his way over to me. My heart beat escalated quickly. Though, I wasn't the least bit of attracted to him, his demeanor threw me off. It's as if I lost every drop of confidence when he came into vision.

"What's up ma?" He spoke.

I never knew that the little interaction we had would change so many things in life for us. Whether it be good or bad, he never deserved any of the bad things he experienced. On the inside, besides his hard appearance, his heart was made of gold. I wish everything that happened could be rewinded.

I missed him. I missed us.

——
If I'm confusing anybody I hope you understand. Her thoughts are from the "future" and the actions are the present.

How'd you like it so far?