Chapter 27- A New Day

Chapter 27

A new day

The warmth of our bodies colliding together, the intense goosebumps raising upon my skin, was soon becoming a routine. Every morning, was a new day waking up to my beautiful girlfriend, sound asleep, breathing lightly against the pillow, her hair caught in between as it floats up in the air for a moment, before landing softly against her cheek again. My head was resting between her silky long hair as i lay in the crook of her neck while she slept, both arms holding her tight against my chest. 

It was heaven, even when we were woken by the constant battle of sunshine attacking our eyelids through the window beside us, we'd turn into each other's arms and push it away, pulling the covers above our heads and talking under the sheets, as if building a fort around us, away from the world. It was nice while it lasted.

Unfortunately, we could not hide beneath the covers for long, we both had jobs now, which meant we'd spend less time together and more time working our butts off to pay for this apartment. Considering school was over with, our heads were determined on the final prize. To save up loads of money to pay next months rent, while earning a reasonable amount to live as well. Food was indeed a necessity, as well as the obvious resources, such as toilet paper of course. 

So far, we have lived in this apartment for two weeks now, not having to worry about food or rent. Her mum, having paid the first months rent and stocked the cupboards and refrigerator/freezer with the goodies. I remember the first night here, a night of love making in our new apartment as a couple. Now, we had to let our hormones balance themselves out, ready for our first step into the big world. A scary world. 

Today, was officially the first day at my new job, working as a waitress down town at 'Gab's Cafee'. It was the best cafe in town. The coffee there was the best in town, which meant it was the most popular place around, besides Froot Loop, a sweet shop not too far from the cafe. It wasn't my dream job, actually, it was no where near the expectations of my future, but it was the only possible way to pay next months went. We had two weeks to sort out the rent, having told Amy's mum we were capable of looking after ourselves now, we couldn't rely on her mother financially forever. 

Amy had been given a job at some supermarket on the other side of town, luckily for her, she had a better salary and less hours to work off while working there. Me, on the other hand, was super unlucky with a lower salary. I had been inside the cafe before, but only to grab a coffee with Amy, before making our way to school one day. Unfortunately for us, we had to grow up, get jobs to pay the rent and no longer depend on the adults. If we wanted to survive together, now was the time to start growing up and starting our future, together.

Staring into the mirror, all i could think about was the fact that i'd be starting a new job today, meeting new people and serving customers for eight hours straight in the day. The cafe not only serves food, but it also has its own bar, but since i wasn't eighteen until next year, i couldn't serve alcohol to customers, but only take their orders and bring food. Today, i was being trained while working, which meant i needed to focus with every ounce of me and learn everything about being a waitress. 

Amy stepped behind me, looking cute with her hair tied up into a messy bun, tiny strays of her hair framing her cheek bones as she smiled lovingly into the mirror, wrapping her arms around me and resting her head on my shoulder. The sparkle in her eyes screamed love, but the smirk on her face screamed 'trouble'. All we had been doing this weak is going on a cute dates, watching movies while cuddling and most  of all, making love to each other whenever we couldn't hold it back. Our hormones had become out of control, not to mention the fact that we couldn't keep our hands off of each other.