Chapter 24: Flowers

You quickly turned your head and looked around the room to see if Loki was even in the room snooping. It was weird of him to even give you flowers. Does he even knows what giving a flower means to a female midgardian?

Realising said reason, you let out a muffled scream as you bury your face at the bouquet of flowers. You jumped up and down in joy and let yourself twirl in pure bliss.

Feeling on cloud nine, you can't seem to stop smiling and squealing and having that weird emotion every time you remember the reason of your happiness. The pure joy where no words can ever describe. (In my country, it's called 'kilig')

But life is a big party-pooper, so as you twirl in utter goo-goo lovey-dovey stuff. Your foot hit the corner of a random wood interrupting your smile into sudden pain.

"Fuck. This. Ouch! Fuck! Shit!" You cursed dropping the flower involuntarily. You bent down and massaged it. That's when you realized a letter drop from the bouquet.

Your name was written plainly in a cream-colored page just like the one from your favorite novel. It did has that slightly rough texture you love.

You picked it up while you crossed your legs and opened the letter.

Dear Y/N,

I believe that, that is how you start a letter. I have seen many in the surprisingly entertaining literature you have in Midgard... I am wandering off my point.

I hope you like the flower. The avengers said it would ease you. I do not know why would you be in pain. The avengers said it is because you do not want to be my best friend and wanted me to be your boyfriend just like my fangirls.

Before you do something stupid and jump off the balcony... I know what fangirl is. I know, you are not one. I refrain from learning what a boyfriend is. To save you from more humiliation.

You have a way of making me put you first from everything else. I would consider that as a power but I hate it. I hate that I am powerless against you. I do not know why, but please... You are my only best friend.

I hope that assured you. Writing is tiring but I enjoy the pain. Stop moping around, mortal and leave Clint's room!

From:
Loki

You were a bit disappointed. It wasn't much of a confession until you decided to read it again and again and again until your eyes caught this words... You have a way of making me put you first from everything else... That would mean for something, like something making me crazy!

Heart fluttering, you smiled absent-mindedly before leaving the room. Clint stood in shock when he froze at his movement.

He was about to reach for the doorknob when you opened it with a spooky grin. In his perspective, you made revenge on his room.

"You better not creepily smell my undies!.. or anything that smells like me." He yelled before entering his room with a thump.

You reached the perimeter of your room when Loki came out of it and look at you, first in shock then he lowered in gaze and ignored your presence.

Surprised as you are, you hurried to catch even his arm to stop him and thank him and simply stare at his eyes and drown in his own pool of black galaxy.

Where you lean in and meet his soft lips just like last time. Though, last time was a long time ago. You shook your head to see that Loki was gone.

Well, that made your heart heavy. Why is he avoiding me? You opened your shared room together and see that your bed was placed in the middle and his bed was no longer there.

There was something wrong in the feeling that made you dash to Steve or Tony or anyone to explain why you're alone. Even the words gives you goosebumps...

"Nat!" You yelled when you saw the assassin get a glass of water from the fridge. She shot up and gave you that smile. "Uhm... w-why is Loki's stuff not in my room?"

"Loki didn't tell you?" Nat wondered as she drank a glass of water. "Tony and Steve just gave him a room of his own and Loki's moving out today."

"What? Why?" You asked.

Nat shrugged, "Something about Loki being trustworthy enough to have a room on his own. Loki agreed to it anyway because of his own reasons i didn't care enough to overhear."

"Oh." Your voice lowered but you managed to fake a smile. Not a believable one but good enough to fool Steve and Thor, except Nat and Clint.

Half of you is happy that the Avengers are trusting him but half of you already admit that you will miss him. You already are, anyway.

Opening the door without his normal post of him silently reading a book to greet you was weird in a sad way but you went inside anyway and waited for dinner. You'd probably see him anyway.