Chapter 10: Mine

You felt Loki's body stiffen as you buried your face against his arm. Of all the movies I had to pick, it had to be that stupid horror movie...

"What the?!?" You reacted when the leading lady on the monitor gently got off the bed to see the figure who is scratching the wooden floor. "Come on! Horror movie 101, don't get out of your damn bed!"

Loki looked at you. Weirded out by how you are acting. It was kind of annoying. Screaming, cursing, and talking to the T.V. He lost.his patience and grabbed the remote to pause the movie.

"What gives?" You asked in disbelief.

"Will you stop that?" He yelled at you. You,instinctively, let go of his arm and quietly waited for his outburst. "What is even with you and screaming and cursing and scolding at that human contraption? Do you think they could hear you? You live here and yet you do not know that your efforts are worthless to things that cannot hear."

You chuckled at the reason of his rage.

"Well, Loki..." you stated continuing the movie. "If you lived here long enough, you'd get attached to certain things. So what if that thing can't hear. I can still talk. That's why I use it. It's called freedom of speech."

"Freedom is a high price to pay." You heard him mumble to himself. He gaze at the screen with emotionless stare as if the movie wasn't even scary.

"I know. It costs the feelings of others if it's used wrong... which is why, I used it on objects that doesn't feel anything." You replied barely blinking as you watch the movie with full attention.

"WHAT THE?!?" you screamed jumping at the edge of your seat as you wrap your arms around Loki's neck. Damn this! Diana's gonna give me more nightmares than I already have. Way to go, Friday. Thanks for picking 'Lights out'. (I know it's not that scary. Not to mention, I don't know any scary movies because I really don't react that much while watching some.)

Your breathing stopped when Loki gently caresses your hair. You swear, you heard him say hush to calm you down. When you cried last time, he made all the efforts to learn how to ease a crying girl even though the computer almost made him explode. He leaned to the table and paused the movie.

"Remember this, mortal. You have ruined my fun and I intend to make you pay." He threatened before carrying you to your room. When he reached it and gently put you down to stand on your own.

"Uh,.. Loki..." you mumbled. He stopped walking and looked at your hand who was holding his vest to stop him. "Can you stay in my bed until I fall asleep?"

"And why should I?" He asks. "You've bugged me enough, midgardian."

"I know and I'm really sorry to keep you from your movie but I promised to pay it forward." You said.

"No." He said with his serious tone. You looked at him with confusion yet you don't see any expression shown in his face. "You're niceness is only mine, Y/N. Mine alone."

Your heart stopped a beat on what Loki said. Without your permission, he bridal-carried you to prove that you are his. Laying you gently, you can't help but stare at his caring side of him. He turned his head and looked at you before covering your body with a blanket.

"There. I have tucked you in like how a normal midgardian babysitter would." He said as he sat on your bed while he plays with your hair. You would lie if you said that this isn't close to sweetness nor romantic. "I supposed, I should give you a proper good night kiss as I bid you to sleep."

"You don't really have to. I can go to sleep now and the faster the better since your movie is waiting." You started before gently pushing him away. "So, yeah, good night."

*Loki's P.O.V.*

Is she avoiding me? Was my action not sweet? I watch her turn her back on me as she grip her blanket tightly. What is my problem? It's not like I wanted to please her... but what did I want when I did all this things?

I almost forgot that she had kept her gaze on me and if this ludicrous lighting was any brighter I would've seen her blush. Oh, what does blushing symbolizes here in Midgard? Is it affection? If so then she must be a fool to fall for me. I am Loki, I am mischief. I am full of lies!

Her heart will be broken and she allowed me to take it. I have taken something valuable from her. My quest of give and take have doubled!

I grinned to realize she developed some kind of liking towards me. Pft! Why would this please me? I shall pretend I've never thought of this nonsense.

*3rd person's P.O.V.*

You felt Loki lean closer when the bed dipped more at your back. He did what he had said earlier and kissed you at your temple. Kyaaaa! Oh my heart! Be still my heart! Stop beating so fast! This? This is nothing to him, go it?.. but why is it something to me? Is it something to me? Nope. Of course not! Nuh-uh.

You fell asleep not noticing Loki is still by your side. He didn't know he smiled.

"Once again,.." he mumbled. "Good night my queen."

-

-

-

-

-

It was around midnight when the avengers' returned. Clint and Nat fell face first in their own bed at their own room. Wanda invited Vision for a midnight snack while Tony got a whole package of chips and made a bee-line to his lab. Steve went to check on you and Loki and nearly dropped his shield when he saw you two cuddling.

"Hey, guys!" Tony yelled waking the other avengers' except you and Loki. "I think Loki sealed Y/N with a kiss."