Paint

Painting was one of Naruto's favorite things to do. Once she started to paint something she got lost in a trance, her hand moving seemingly on its own.

Kiba liked to watch her paint. He was fascinated by the soft strokes and the way the water changed color as the brush dipped into it.

Watching Naruto paint was a sort of guilty pleasure of his. He liked the fact that when she painted she gained a far off look on her face as if she wasn't there at all.

Her paintings most of the time reflected the emotion she had felt when she had painted it.

Warm, soft colors like light pink and orange when she was happy or at peace. Angry and harsh colors like blood red and black when she was angry. Cold colors like blues and purples when she was sad.

When she simply wanted to paint without any emotion to drive her to do so it was a painting that clearly showed the picture, like a pond or forest or a person.

In those paintings she always left a fox somewhere. It was her signature. Sometimes the foxes were the main focus and sometimes it was merely a small image in the background.

When they were 11 Kiba learned the hard way to not mess with Naruto when she's painting.

{}{}{}

Kiba was bored to simply say. Usually he'd play with Akamaru but he was sleeping after a long day of training with his mother and Kiba didn't have the heart to wake him up.

The strong scent of paint fumes hit his enhanced nose and he grinned. He knew what would take his mind of his boredom.

{}{}{}

At the age of eight, Naruto started painting. It didn't take long for her to get good. Really good.

The painting was a blend of colors and designs and shapes creating the face of a fox, her golden furred, two tailed fox, Ra, slept peaceful on a velvet pillow next to her.

Kiba was perched on top of the thick beams that ran diagonal 11 feet above the ground, Akamaru still sleeping in the next room.

Kiba grinned holding a bucket of tar black paint.

Slowly he tipped the bucket over, pouring it on Naruto and her canvas, ruining the painting.

Slowly Naruto head cocked up to where Kiba sat, a malicious grin spread across her face.

Kiba suddenly regretted being born as Naru's hair split into nine sections and floated above her head, menacing chakra pulsed from her body.

That day Kiba ran faster than he ever would in his life.

...Let's just say Kiba never messed with Naruto's paintings ever again.