Capítulo Nueve

I was quiet the whole time at the gala. I stayed by Tyler's side, but I didn't speak to him and he made no attempt to speak to me either. I would look around every time I felt his eyes on me. Basically, I ignored him the whole time. When it was time to go, I quietly walked to the car, he opened the passenger's side for me and I slid in without a word. 

He got into the driver's side and sat there. He didn't turn on the car, he just stared out into the night ahead. I turned my head to the window so I couldn't see his face. I heard him sigh and shift in his seat before he put the key in the ignition and started the car. He still didn't move though. He sighed again, but this time he turned to me. 

"Amy, are you okay?" He asked softly. 

I didn't answer. 

"Amy, did I do something wrong?" 

No answer.

"Answer me. Please." I felt him put his hand on my exposed thigh and as I natural reaction and shoved his hand off harshly. 

"Take me home." I muttered. 

He let out a breath and turned back around. He moved out of the lot and silently drove me home. 

For the ride, I just closed my eyes to make it look as if I was sleeping. I didn't want him to talk to me because, frankly, I didn't want to talk to him.

When we got to my apartment, I didn't invite him in. I just got out of the car, thanked him quietly, and walked to the door. 

I slipped into the apartment and was immediately greeted by Abby. She smiled softly from her position on the couch and pushed Wren's head off her lap and on to a pillow. 

"How was the gala?" Was the first thing she asked. 

I shrugged and placed my purse on the counter of the kitchen before slipping my heels off. 

"Did you have fun?" 

"It was okay." I mumbled. "Here's the money for babysitting Wren." I pushed the fifty dollars towards her. 

"No, no, it was a pleasure to babysit him. You don't have to pay me."

"No, take the money."

She laughed. "I'm not going to take it. So don't try." I watched as Abby picked up her purse and headed toward the door.

I sighed, getting some ice cream out of the fridge. I jumped on to the counter and opened the carton.

"Ok, what's wrong?" Abby suddenly said, dropped her bag and sitting next to me. I jumped in fright, almost dropping my ice cream.  "I thought you left and what makes you think something's wrong?"

"You're barely talking and you have ice cream in your hands. Those are the signs of boy trouble. Who is he?" She took the spoon from my hand and scooped up some of my sweet treat.

"What makes you think it's a he? It could be a she." I joked. Abby gave me a flat look. "What? I could be lesbian for all you know!"

"You're avoiding the question. Who is he? Do I know him?" She shoved a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth. I took back my spoon and began to eat my ice cream.

"It's nothing, really. It's probably a small crush that'll disappear in a few days." I shrugged.

"If it's a small crush then what's the harm in telling me? It won't affect me, unless it's like, Tyler or something." She laughed. I gave a small laugh and looked away. Abby noticed my movement and gasped. "No! No way! Shut up! Seriously? Like no joke?"

I shrugged and bit my lip. "It's a tiny crush, barely means anything."

"No, this is good! You're perfect for him! Wait, is that why you're upset? 'Cuz you have a crush on my brother?"

"No, that's not it." I shrugged.

"Amy, it's something. Tell me. You can trust me."

I looked down at my swinging feet. "I don't know. Don't want to like him. I didn't even want to become friends with him."

"Why?"

I sighed. "It complicated long story."

"I've got time. Was it a past relationship?"

I shook my head. "It was my dad."

"I don't get it. You were in a relationship with your dad? I don't judge or anything but that's gross."

I smiled a bit. "No, he did something to our family that changed my view on men."

"What did he do?"

"You're gonna think it a stupid reason, like everyone else does, but he walked out on us. He left us for some girl barely older than me now. She had boobs, a vagina, and was young. My mother committed suicide when I was eighteen because she couldn't handle it anymore. She thought he was the only one that she could love, the only one she wanted to love for the rest of her life. Because of his choice, she's left us. After that unfaithful day, I lost all respect I had for men. And that day, I swore I would never fall." After I finished, I looked at Abby and she was staring at me.

"I knew you'd think it was stupid."

"No, no, no, that's not it. You're dad is an ass, I agree, but I think you're letting your past control your future. Not all guys are the same, believe me. You and Tyler couldn't have something magical!"

"Abby, that's not that only reason, I don't want to like Tyler because now that we're friends, I don't want to lose him."

"You're friend zoning him?"

"Pretty much, yeah," I said.

Abby sighed.  "I understand what you're talking about, I'd probably do the same, but do you really think cutting off men would solve the problem?"

"No...I mean..."

"Amy, I don't want to push you or anything, it's your choice. But, think about it. You've known Tyler for a few days, does he really seem like the kind to sleep around and use people?"

"No, but-"

"You're scared. I know. But, all I'm saying is give Tyler a chance. It's obvious he likes you."

"Abby can we just leave this alone? I don't want to think about it."

She let out a breath and jumped off the counter. "'Kay, but don't hold back your feelings. If you want to talk, I'll be there and I won't tell Tyler anything you told me. It'll be a secret till your ready to tell him yourself." She gave me a small hug. "I'll see you later. And remember, don't let the past control your future." She gave me a smile and let herself out of my apartment.

--- It's been some time hasn't it? I just wasn't in the mood for writing but, I am now! :D You know what to do peoples! Love youz xx