Capítulo Ocho

Tyler sat on my couch, reading Seventeen Magazine while I stared at him like he was insane from my place over the kitchen sink.

"You know, you should make me dinner since I took you on a date." Tyler said, putting down the magazine. "I like Spanish rice and chicken."

I looked at him. "First, it wasn't a date and, second, why are you even here? Don't you have a job?"

He shrugged and stood up from the couch, walking up to the counter and resting his elbows against the hard tile. "I'm an artist. I only work when I have inspiration." He reached out and began to play with the lose hair that fell out of my pony tail. "I should draw you one day."

I felt myself blush. "No, you shouldn't. I'm not very photogenic." 

"That's a lie. You're very pretty." He smiled at me, making me blush harder. I pushed away his hand and went back to the dishes. He sighed and his shoulders slumped. "It's getting late. I better go."

"You do that." I said without looking up from the soapy water.

I heard his footsteps get softer as he moved closer to the exit. He opened the door but, I didn't hear it close. I looked up to see Tyler looking at me carefully as he stood, frozen, at the exit.

"Wh-" I started but was cut off by his voice.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked suddenly.

I shrugged. "I don't know. Probably clean, do the laundry, normal Saturday morning stuff?"

"Cancel them. You're going to my art show with me."

"What?" I asked surprised. "W-where? Why? But..."

"You're going to be bored. The show is only an hour away. You can stay with me for a few hours without pulling your hair out, can't you?"

"I don't know..." I bit my lip. "You're pretty annoying."

"Come on. It'll be so much fun. I'll even take you out to lunch and dinner. How nice am I?" He smirked. "Plus, you can see my work. You've never seen it."

I pursued my lips, thinking about it. I have wanted to see this 'amazing' work Tyler's mother told me about at dinner.

"Okay." I smiled. "But this doesn't make you any less annoying." I quickly slipped in before a huge smile spread along his pink lips.

"That's okay, as long as my baby boo is coming with me!" He exclaimed throwing his arms around me.

I kept my arms to my side, making the hug a bit awkward. Suddenly Tyler took my arms and put them around him. "Feel the love, Amykins." He swung me back and forth for a while before he finally let me go. "I promise I'll be good! You won't hear anything bad come from my mouth. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch. The key is gone."

"I wasn't asking for you to be quiet but, but since you offered..."

"Shh, I'll pick you up at ten. Look pretty." He winked before he ran out of my apartment.

I shook my head, laughing, before I turned back to my daily work.

---

"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you better run, better run, outrun my gun. All the other kids with the pumped up kicks, you better run, better run, faster than my bullet." Tyler sang along to the radio as he drove on the busy highway. He looked at me with a huge grin plastered on his face. "Come on, sing along!"

I shook my head and looked out the window. Tyler sighed and turned down the radio.

"Amy, why are you being so depressed?"