Prologue

Prologue

His body dropped to the ground, the sound of his body colliding with the concrete was heard, the smell of blood filled the air, as well as the smell of gun powder. I cover my mouth with my hand to stop myself from screaming. I had just witnessed the one I love nearly get killed, in fact, I had just attempted to kill the one I love.

"Misty, you don't get it! I can't control it!" Harry yelled, throwing his hands into the air. A tear rolls down my cheek, I collapse to the floor of his apartment, and press my back to the couch.

"You need to try, Harry! You can take control over that...that thing that's possessing you." I yelled back. I bury my head in my hands, this argument isn't the first, and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Harry, since the day I met him had never been normal, well completely normal, and I knew that but never, ever would I have even imagined that the reason why he isn't exactly normal, is because, there's something...possessing his body. Some days he'll be the Harry I grew to love, while other days he'll become this...monster. He'd swear like a sailor, he'd have a completely different posture, he'd smoke, and he'd just be a complete ass. Most people would have thought he was just like weirdly bipolar, but he isn't.

He's been possessed by the fallen angel, also known as...The Devil. After knowing Harry for six months, I started to really get curious as to why he randomly acted like this, why he was so abnormal. I began reading different books at the library, researching on reasons as to why he's acting like a completely different person. People say that he just as two different personalities, and that he just has a strong personality in general. But you don't go from some romantic, sweet, happy guy that barely ever swears, and refuses to smoke to some...monster, that smokes, occasionally does drugs, hurts the ones he loves, get's into a bunch of fights and sometimes even checks other girls out.

Harry is the most loyal boyfriend ever, my Harry, not this...The one that I like to call Malus. Malus is the latin word for bad spirit, evil spirit.

I've listed the mild things that he's done, when possessed, but those are clearly not the only things he does while in that state. I've been at his apartment once, and watch him carry in a dead body, not only was it dead, it was...

Torn to shreds.

Not the only body I've seen him carry through the apartment either, he's bought in too many, and manages to dispose of them and any evidence, I may have seen the body, but Malus is very smart, aren't all devils? Most of the time, I see him carrying one of his torn up bodies through the house, the smell of fresh blood filling the air. So, why haven't I told the police?

Because they'll never believe me. Like I said, Malus is smart. He kills random people, but he seems to always know their back story, like what their name is, if they have family, if they were adopted, he always knows...The Devil is like God, he sees, and hears everything.

He aims for one that have no one, that have no family, no friends, people who are alone. People that if they were to disappear, no one would even know they were gone in the first place.

Malus is a pure genius. That's not a good thing.

"I-I can't. He's too strong, Misty." He said, running a hand through his thick brown curls, and covers his face with his hands, pacing back and forth around the kitchen. "You need to just...go, he's been too powerful. Too strong, he'll hurt you, even more. Not only do I know that, he's telling me it."

"What do you mean by 'just go'?" I said. I stand myself back up onto my feet, and another hot tear spills down my face. I'm not going to just 'go', I'm in love with Harry, I can't leave him, not with the state he's in either. "I'm not going to just go Harry."

"I'm trying to protect you. He's taking over." Harry said, pacing faster, biting his lip. He bites his lip so hard I see a drip of blood run down his chin, I then bite my own lips. "I know how to fix this, it will make it better...for everyone."

Harry storms over to his room, the sound of wood banging against wood, I'm assuming he's going through his drawers, in search of something. But what does he mean by 'It will make it better...for everyone.' What has he got in mind that he thinks will fix this all? I hear a few grunts, and things tumble over on the wooden floorboards in his room. I jog over, seeing Harry crossed legged on the ground searching a bunch of boxes for something. Boxes, tapes, clothes, soccer trophies are scattered on the floor, and his wardrobe doors are wide open, with a few things hanging down from the top shelf. So, things fell from there.

"Harry, what are y-" I said, but he cuts me off by shushing me. I sit on his nicely made bed, the smell of his spearmint aftershave filling my nostrils, I love Harry's scent. That sounds pretty weird, but I'm sure most girls all love their boyfriends scents.

He throws the box into the wall, and grabs another, searching through it, pulling out random things like torches, random throw pillows and weird stuff like that, chucking them next to me on the bed. He finally calms down a bit, and stops throwing things around, and his face softens. He grabs hold onto something, and pulls it out of the box, swiping his tongue across his chapped lips.

In his hand is a black gun, he stands up and hands me the gun.

"When he takes over me, and things get too bad. I want you to shoot us. It will be better for all of us. He'll stop abusing you, he'll stop killing innocent people, and hopefully he'll be gone." Harry said. "I know you are going to tell me over and over that you won't do it. But I need you too, if things get too rough that is. I would kill him myself, but I can't. Do it only when things get rough."

Harry wants me to kill him and Malus? I would- I-I can't kill Harry, I can't kill Malus either, I can't kill a living person, and somebody I love. I can't do it. I love him too much. But then again, if I loved him, I would do this for him. But I don't want too, I don't want to loose the last slice of happiness I have in my life, he's all I got, Malus may take over him at times, but Harry is all I have.

I'm being so selfish. Harry want's to do this to protect everyone that Malus endangers, he want's to get rid of him so everyone can become at peace once again. I understand that, but I'm defiantly not the one fit to do this for him. I cannot, and I won't kill Harry Styles. I can't.

Sometimes the things we tell ourselves, we don't always follow, I may not have been able to do it, but when what happened, happened I had no choice. I could practically hear Harry yelling in my head to end it, and to take his life, and not let Malus kill him. I listened to him for once, and I hate that I did.

How am I going to move on with this guilt?