Chp. 6 (Dal)

I flinched as Aaron put the hydrogen peroxide on my back.
"I'm sorry," he said quietly.
"It's fine," I grunted through gritted teeth.
"There," he finally said. "Done. Here I'll get you shirt to wear."
     I stood up from the floor, and wrapped my arms around my waist.
     I looked around the trailer for the first time. It was bland, which didn't surprise me, Aaron wasn't one for detail. There was a stove, a fridge, one bed against the window, and a small tv tucked into the wall.
My head was pounding and I felt like shit.
Aaron pulled a sweatshirt out. "You little hung over?" he asked, helping me pull on the sweatshirt.
"Yeah," I said closing my eyes.
Aaron pulled me into a chair and handed me a glass of water and an aspirin.
"I'll make you something to eat," he said, gently squeezing my shoulder.
I groaned in response.

********************

I felt better after I ate and the aspirin kicked in.
I looked across the table at Aaron, who was pushing food around his plate.
"I can't stay here forever Aar," I finally said. "My dad can walk over here in three minutes, then he'll be on me and you. I need to go back."
Aaron looked across from the table.
"You're not going back," he said.
"Aaron," I said quietly.
"No," he said standing up from the chair and walking over to me. "Dal no." He ran his fingers through my hair. I pulled him into my lap by his belt loops.
"Aaron," I said, trying to keep my voice from breaking. "I can't make your life hell again."
"You didn't make it hell," he said, pressing his forehead to mine. "My dad did." He took a second to collect himself. "You made me want to live. And I'm not letting you go back. There's another park not too far from here, but it's far enough that you're dad won't come get you. We can go there."
I sat silent, my hands unconsciously stroking Aaron's back. As much I didn't want to make him go through the long process of moving to another park the thought of getting away from my dad and being with him was a dream.
"You want to...?" I asked.
"Yes!" he said, grabbing my face. "Yes Dal! I want to be with you, I want to keep you safe. I want to get out of here."
      "Are you sure?" I asked him, squeezing his wrist.
      "Yeah," he said. "I'm sure."
      I looked at him. He was so fucking beautiful. I leaned in and kissed him, actually kissed him. His soft lips worked against mine. I moved my hand further down his back, touching his skin between his jeans and his shirt.
He broke away, cheeks flushed. I ran a hand down his neck.
"I missed you," I said.