32

Atif's POV

I had warned Shyama to not come between my and I but she wasn't stopping.

I had gone back to being a jerk to her this past week. I hated the fact that she wants to be a wife but won't listen to her husband.

"Hi," she said as I walked in.

I just walked away.

"Do you want some dinner?" She asked.

"I'm not hungry," I lied.

"I know your mad at me but don't punish yourself," she said.

"I told you I'm not hungry," I said.

"Fine," she said and left.

I tried to get my mind busy in something else but I was really hungry. I didn't want to eat in front of her.

Mom walked in a few minutes later. I still talked to her but not as much as I used to.

"Do you kmow where your wife went so mad?" She asked.

"She just stormed out," she added.

"No," I said.

If her dumba*s gets hurt then just watch what I do.

"Anyways, your dad and I have been thinking that she's very selfish," she said.

In what way is she selfish?

"We're done trying to get her help. She apparently doesn't want us to be a family anymore," she said.

"I'm lost," I said.

Mom told me how they kept asking her to talk to me about this whole issue with dad. She assumed that Shyama wasn't when she was.

"Anyways, have her sign these so she can be out of the picture," she said handing me a file.

I opened to find divorce papers.

Wow, funny how I wanted this in the start and now I'm pissed off seeing them here.

"I'm not going to divorce her," I said.

"But she isn't listening," she said.

"Mom, she has been listening. I can't believe you would do this," I said.

I told her what my condtions were with Shyama.

"Well then, figure it out," she said and left.

I went to take a shower.

I came back to see Shyama holding the file and reading the papers.

Sh*t! Didn't I put that away?

This is probably the most hurt I've seen her and I have crossed a line once.

She looked up at me.

"Really?" She asked.

I didn't say anything.

"I was just trying to help you guys out. I'm sorry," she said.

Mom walked in and told me to eat something.

"I'm coming," I said and left.

I didn't know what to say to Shyama because I was shocked seeing her that broken.

I couldn't even focus on my dinner. I had only half of it and went upstairs.

She was actually packing her things. She can't be serious. No way is this happening.

I grabbed her arm and made her stop.

"What? I'm giving you want," she said.

"I didn't bring those papers here," I said.

"Really? Let's see because you have wanted a divorce since the start, you started acting like a jerk again and when I ask you to eat you lie to me. But when your mom says it then you go right away," she said.

"Shyama listen to me!" I said.

"No!" She yelled.

I tried to get her to listen but she was making me mad.

"What the hell are you so mad for now? I'm leaving and getting out of your life," she said.

"I'm mad because I love you!" I basically yelled at herbecause I was nad.

She looked at me suprised.

"Now that I said what I needed to, the final decision is yours to make," I said

With that I left the room. I left the papers in there because like I said, the final decision is hers.