7

---Atif's POV---

Dad had told me he ran into the two "lovebirds" and he would help me finish this project.

We were able to get it done.

"I'm back," he said and his finacèe was with him.

She was pretty but I hated for taking him away, when he needed to be here.

"Welcome back. By the way, I invited Atif's soon to be wife over for dinner tonight. I would like it if you both came," Dad said.

Even I wasn't aware of this.

"I would love to, but Anika has work. I don't want her missing out," he said.

Love-sick loser.

"It's okay. I will ask for an early day," she said.

"What time are you off?" Dad asked Anika.

"8pm," she said.

"Perfect. She won't be here til 9 and I consider Mithul to be like a son, so it would be great to have both future daughter-in-laws present," Dad said.

Ugh! Do I have to go?

"Okay. I will be there," she said.

"Great. Now go drop her off and let's have a chat," Dad said and they left.

I wanted to ask dad why he never told me, but he got busy in a phone call and loverboy is back now.

"So when is the engagement party?" Dad asked.

"Next week," he said.

"Ah-okay. We were gonna have Atif's around then. No worries, we will push it back," Dad said.

WOO-HOO!!

"I can't wait to meet his future wife," he said in a teasing tone.

"She is absolutely the best," dad said.

"I have work to do," I said and left my own office.

This is all so stupid!