Chapter 3- Who's This Jason Boy?

Amanda's POV

Crap! How could I forget to tell my mom?! They just started to trust me to go out on my own, and I come home late. It makes it worse because I was at a guy's house I just met!

I rush through the door and drop off my coat. I shut my eyes ready for the screams. I don't hear anything so I slowly open one eye. I look at my mom and dad snuggled up on the couch and watching tv.

"Hey honey!" My mom said.

"Sup honey."

What? My parents aren't yelling at me? Their daughter, that just came back from who knows where is late, and they don't yell? Damn.

"Uh, hi."

"Why are you so fidgety?"

"Well... I came home late. I didn't tell you where I was. Also, you guys aren't yelling at me."

It may seem weird as to why I'm practically asking them to scold me, but it just feels weird. Maybe I'm just abnormal.

"We trust you," my dad said, simply.

With that, I nodded and headed upstairs. I change out of my sweater and put on some shorts and a tank top. I hopped in bed after tying my hair up, and rolled over to the side checking my phone.

There weren't many notifications. Just the one text from Kallie.

Heyyyyyyy chica!! Waz Gucci! Hope you and that Jason kid are gettin itttt!!! -Kallie

No doubt.

She's drunk.

"Who's this Jason boy?" I hear from behind. I jump up and throw my phone across the room.

"Holy crap mom! You scared the flip out of me!"

She chuckles and shakes her head. She walks over to me and sits down at the edge of my bed. She looks tired. Her hair a blonde colour instead or her chestnut brown. She dyed it just for safety reason, seeing as the condition we were in needed all sorts of measures. I didn't want to, so I kept my hair colour. My blue eyes stand out. I got them from my dad.

I feel a heavy weight in my chest. Knowing the reason for her tiredness, and her different hair colours, is because of me. I'm the one who had to get myself in some deep ish. I'm the one, who was too naive and didn't know anything about what people's real intentions are. Instead of answering her question, I lean my head on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry mom," I sob. "I'm a mess. I'm so sorry. I know that I don't deserve you guys as parents. I know that I put you guys through so much crap with finding new homes and new states, and I'm so flipping sorry!" 

She sighs and cradles me. She kisses the top of my head and I feel her tear drop into my hair.

"It's okay. Your father and I aren't in the best situation financially, but we'll pull through like we always do. We will love you no matter what," she said. "Now answer my question. Who is this Jason boy?"

I chuckle and wipes my tears while leaning up. I don't trust him just yet, but he's not as bad as I thought he was. "He's this guy I met today," I reply. "He's bad news though, mom. I don't think I trust him just yet, but he hasn't tried anything so for now, he's okay. He's a player, he's on the football team, and he's popular. The perfect 'bad boy' package."

"I trust your judgement. Who knows though. Maybe your life will turn out to be one of those books," she winks and get up from my bed. "Now go to sleep. Do I need to take away your phone? It's blowing up with messages."

I turn and look at my phone. 'Sexy Boy Jason' is currently streaming into my phone. The heck? When did he put that as his contact? I had my phone with me all day. I look at my mom and she raises her eyebrow. After she walks out, I roll my eyes and check all the messages.