Chapter Eight: The Cullens

The following day, Bella reached out to me, providing a brief overview of the events

The following day, Bella reached out to me, providing a brief overview of the events. She managed to stop Edward from revealing himself to the world just in time. Promising to share the details once she returned, and she fulfilled her promise. Bella recounted the entire ordeal, including the Volturi denying Edward's request for death due to his valuable gift. However, they summoned him again, leading Edward, Alice, and Bella back to them. Bella's unique ability to shield her mind from psychic intrusion baffled the Volturi. I wonder if I tried to enter her mind, would that shield keep me out? She also briefed me on Edward and his family, sharing minor details about each member and their personalities.

Additionally, she extended an invitation to visit their house, indicating that she had something important to discuss with us all. She recounted her harrowing experience in the first few weeks in Forks, discovering Edward's vampiric nature, and then being hunted by another clan of vampires. Victoria and James. Bella described the terrifying moment when she was bitten and how Edward had to extract the venom to save her life. She even revealed the scarred bite mark on her wrist, a lasting reminder of the ordeal.

I let the weight of her words sink in, my gaze fixed on her. We sat on the same couch where she and Alice had been just days before. "Bella... that's..." I struggled to find the right words to express my shock and concern. "I think you've had a rougher time than me," I chuckled softly, trying to lighten the heavy mood that enveloped us. She softly chuckled along with me.

"I was meaning to tell you about it all. But I had to go," Bella announced, her gaze drifting, her voice lowering as if she had broken some unspoken friendship code. I shook my head, reaching out to touch her hand.

"You had to go," I clarified, her gaze returning to meet mine before I even uttered the first word. ""To save him," my voice softened as I understood. She loved him deeply. "I just... I wish I was there with you. I could have done something," I recoiled my hand back, before briefly staring down at the pair.

I could feel Bella's gaze on me, as if she sensed my internal struggle. "Are you ok?" she asked, my eyes meeting hers. A silent invitation to speak of my troubles.

"Remember when I said we moved here for a reason," I began, my voice steady but laden with the weight of past events. She nodded, recalling our previous conversation from months ago. "Well, it was because of my magic... I..." My words faltered; the memories still vivid despite the time that had passed. I glanced around, realising I had no one to confide in but her, my only friend. "I lost control one day at school. It was like a nightmare. Lightning hit the school, rain poured so heavy that it cracked windows, an earthquake, and then... I set the school on fire." The images replayed in my mind; each detail etched into my memory. "Luckily, everyone got out. But as I stood in that rain, and watched as the flames took over the school. I just trembled with fear at my own destructiveness. I had unleashed that power because some kids were being mean to me. I lost complete control." My voice trailed off, the weight of my confession hanging heavily in the air. Tears welled up, stinging the corners of my eyes.