Vampires with a secret

• Dedicated to Kaitlyn and Brooke

Vampires, they were everywhere. As I was walking down to get a can of pop from the gas station, It was dark, pitch black and I couldn't see a thing. The street lights were on-not as bright as they used to be. It was 1956, September 17th. As you've probably guessed, I'm a vampire-a blood sucking creature that everyone is scared of, even my family. They never exactly found out what I was, but they seen me change, to my pale white skin. They were scared for life, of me. It wasn't my choice to become this. I wanted to run away, but it was impossible. I was a blood-slave.

My arms and legs were each locked separately on a wooden chair. This wasn't just any ordinary chair either, it was from the first werewolves pack. It was made exactly for this too, to torture people, like I used to be. All I could think about that day-was my life. I had so many questions, like - was I going to live?

Eventually I started to answer these things on my own, with an answer, yes. I had to live, I was too young to die. I was only sixteen years old, on my birthday. It was the day I was supposed to meet my mate, and I did. He is why I'm here, locked up, stuck here. It was cold, and dark. The rattling and the feeling of the chains around me was threatening, the freezing metal didn't help at all- the room I was in was already below 20°. That's what I thought, anyway. It felt like my life was flashing before my eyes, until I heard his voice. His deep, threatening voice. I first flinched when I heard him, knowing that- it was him. It was a scarier thing knowing that he was standing right behind me. The first words that were said to me were "do you know why you're here?" I spoke back with a shaking voice "no, what's happening? Why am I here?" He just walked away... Until he ran back to me, and bit me. I was now a vampire. The venom rushing through my blood... the feeling was unbelievable. It was like being shocked by lighting. It was pure torture. It made me want to jump out of my skin and run away.

After all of this, I'm back into the year 2300. After being a vampire for all these years, I've grown some enemies, along with some benefits. Like, I've discovered I have super speed. I was running away from my 'mate' that had me in metal and I could run so fast. My vision was a bunch of splotches and blurs until I stopped running, that was one of the best gifts. Then about seven months later, I was out with my new friends. I was hungry, so I asked if we could go out to subway. For some reason, I didn't find any of the food appetizing. I just brushed it off as if it was nothing terrible. I wondered for a while though because normally I would just stare at the tomatoes. I know, I was a little weird, but.. They were good. After we decided to take the food home instead of eating it there. Later that day when it was time for bed and movies, you know, the actual fun part of the party, I noticed I was still hungry. Except this time, my stomach was much worse. It felt like there were fifty knife just being stabbed in my stomach over and over again. I told my friend I was still hungry, and I got up and drank some water. I noticed there was still a knife left out from cutting our sandwiches, so I got it to put in the sink. About five minutes later, sandy, my friends mom, tried doing the dishes. She ended up cutting her hand on the knife... My fangs grew out and without realizing it, my fangs were in her neck with her dropped over the sink. The only thing I could think of was the taste of her blood-the satisfaction. I was moaning in pleasure. Then suddenly- Leah, Sandy's daughter walked in. She was screaming and crying and all I could think of was to run. I ran so fast that I could barely breath, it was almost impossible to ever imagine the pain I put them through. That's when I realized I had fangs and I couldn't stop myself, it was taking over me- I was turning evil, and I couldn't stop it. The want for blood became too strong. I ended up going home that day and decided to never Lay eyes on her again, knowing that she would recognize me, but I ended up committing suicide. It was the most painful thing, besides being shocked in that wooden chair, that I had ever felt. But later, about one hour later, I woke up. I discovered that I was immortal. My life was ruined- forever. I thought to myself "it won't stop, the pain. My life is gone. I'm dead. I'm a vampire. I can't stop myself. I can't hide myself forever! I have to start over!" The pain started rolling back in again, taking over me as if I was an ant being stomped on. There's no way to fully express this kind of pain. It was on the inside and the outside. It was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, and there was no stopping it now.

>~~>~>>~€~