Ending.

(I just wanted to say this right now because I’ll forget later. I’m writing this at 34,000 thousand feet in the air, yes, I am on an airplane.)

Glass continually shatters at our heels as we try to escape the hurricane of destruction, our small group burst into a large clearing, continuously moving while we try to spot them. The sound of insanity follows in suit, uneven footsteps and laughter chase us. Suddenly the White rabbit and the March Hair are standing before of us. We all slow to a walk, I move cautiously to the front of our little group, I observe both carefully. The March Hare is missing one of his eyes and the White Rabbit is missing his tail, both are twitching as though they’re being shocked.

“Alice; where have you been?”The Hare whispers frantically while erratically pawing the ear that is missing a large chunk, as though it's been bitten.

“I was kidnapped.”

“You’re late; you’re late for a very important date!”The White Rabbit says tapping on the glass face of his pocket watch. His foot starts tapping in time and his eyes bulge “You’re so late Alice!”

“What am I late for?” I ask gently and both go still as stone. Swallowing hard I move forward and crouch down to touch the White Rabbits head, stroking his soft ear. He looks at me as if really seeing me for the first time.

“Time is running short!”The Hare whispers absently scratching at his empty eye socket. Neither is answering my question but they both seem very distraught and frazzled.

“Oh Alice, I’m sorry.”He whispers with tears in his eyes and sniffling. The Hare shifts nervously and shakes his head.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.”I say gently trying to understand. I’m so confused!

“Alice, Alice, Alice, Alice…”The Hare trails off gently.

“Your fate is already sealed.” The White Rabbit moans tearing his head from my hand and running in circles. My fate is sealed? What is that suppose to mean?

“Alice, what are they talking about?” Dee asks and I shrug my shoulders. For once I can’t give him an answer, I can’t be strong. I have a feeling in my gut that something bad is going to happen.

“Did you hear that?”Dum asks and I shake my head no, I don’t know what he’s talking about. I hear nothing but the two rabbit’s nervous breathing.

“I can hear it too!”Camilla exclaims doing a three-sixty to view the surrounding area. Have I gone deaf or are they just hearing things?

“It sounds like Caleb!” Dum says with disbelief thick in his voice. I look sharply in the same direction as all the children, trying not to cry when I see two familiar shapes running to us. Getting up off the ground I start waving at them, happy to see grim smiles on their faces. Caleb reaches us first and lifts me off the ground, swinging my around in a circle before lowering me and hugging me tightly.

 I’m passed to Hatter after a few moments for a simpler hug. All of the kids are crying tears of joy.

“How did you get away?” I ask touching Caleb’s cheek, enjoying the strangely familiar comfort of it.

“A few trees fell and-“He begins to explain when a devious chuckle from the March Hare cuts him off.

“They didn’t fall; we pushed them over, crash bang! We had to be very careful, or squish you’d be gone!”The March Hare explodes, his eye bulging in its socket, it’s already extremely bloodshot” So we chewed through the bottom-Easy enough since the trees are dying or sick- and crushed the White Queen and all of the guards. Yes we were careful, meticulous planning every chess piece in the game is accounted for! We missed the Queen, an important piece, came crawling from the earth covered in slime, pretty white all stained brown!”