A Nordic or not.

As the countries started to flow into the room again, Estonia looked to his fellow balatics, then to the Nordics. In the end he decided to sit by America, off to the side.

"So does anyone want to read?" Malaysia asked, a strand of her brown hair getting in her face.

"Hey Mala, can I?" Indonesia asked as she was retying her hair up. Malaysia handed the book to her sister.

(A/N: if people are wondering what Malaysia and Indonesia look like, it's the image at the top.)

"Wow, we really don't have much more to read, do we?" Philippines tilted her head, looking at the few pages left.

"Shushy I'm going to read! So this is Estonia's Dear diary, I don't think Latvia understands why I want to join Nordics so much. It would mean that I am more than just a Baltic nation! It would be what separates me from Latvia and Lithuania." Malaysia finished.

Estonia looked from Latvia to the Nordics and sheepishly smiled. A layer of awkwardness filled the room and Estonia couldn't think of anything to say. His mouth felt dry and he fumbled with his fingers. He could feel the stares of the other countries, and before he got the chance to say anything someone spoke up.

"You are not a Nordic, and that's that." Denmark said, making him receive a choke from Norway in response. Finland started freaking out and tried to help Estonia.

"We could help our Baltic neighbor, why not give him a chance?" Finland tried to reason, but his tone and face looked like he didn't even want Estonia as a Nordic.

"He has a point Denmark," Sweden said, "why not give him a chance?"

"Not you too Sweden!" Denmark cried out, acting like a child. "I just don't think he should be a Nordic!"

Estonia looked down in disappointment.

"Hey don't we get a say in this!" Latvia cried.

"Yes, we are the Baltic trio, a Baltic duo doesn't sound good!" Lithuania agreed. Soon both the Baltics and Nordics were fighting over what title Estonia had as a country. Estonia on the other hand stopped caring about the argument. He felt like he was needed, since they weren't exactly listening to him, so he went out into the hallway.

Sealand noticed Estonia leave, and decided to follow him. Sealand walked quietly and hid behind the corner. He heard Estonia sigh, "You can come out Peter."

Sealand walked out from behind the wall, "So you heard me?" Estonia gave a sheepish smile.

"Well you aren't the quietest person." Sealand walked to him, smiling.

"So why did you leave the meeting?" Estonia lowered his head and sighed. He spun around and slid down against the wall sitting down afterwards. He patted a spot beside him and motioned Peter to sit next to him. Peter smiled and sat down.

"Why do you always go to the meetings?" Estonia asked, looking out to nowhere. Sealand tilted his head, not understanding what this had to do with Estonia leaving, but he answered none the less.

"I want to be recognized as a real country, that's why." He smiled and looked up to the roof.

Estonia sighed and smiled, "And you do realize that you are a real nation."

Sealand gave him a confused look, "What do you mean?"

"There are more than just countries, look at the states. They aren't a real country, but together, they make a pretty damn good nation."

'He has a point' Sealand thought. "So, they together make a nation, but I make up my our country."

"You are still not understanding it." Estonia shook his head. "The others might not see you as a real country but they see you as a real nation."

Sealand then understood what he was saying. "If you weren't a nation, you wouldn't be here with us." Estonia said and smiled.

"Why did you use the American states as an example?" Sealand asked confused about that.

Estonia chuckled, "Yeah maybe I shouldn't have used them as an example, they are a special case."

Sealand and Estonia laughed a little. "So why did you leave?" Sealand asked, still smiling.

"Like who you want to be recognized as a real country, I want to be recognized as a real nation. Not just one of the Baltic trio." Estonia had a peaceful look on his face.

"So you want to join the Nordics, to not be part of a group?" Sealand asked laughing in his words.

"Not exactly," Estonia turned to him, "If I was a Nordic and a Baltic, it would separate me from Latvia and Lithuania." Sealand nodded, finally understanding.

"That does explain why you left the room," Sealand said in a joking manner.

Estonia laughed and messed with his hat, "Why do you ask so many question!?"

Sealand laughed and shrugged, "I'm curious."

"Okay well, I really don't care whether or not the Nordics accept me. All I want is to be known as more than just a Baltic." Estonia smiles and stands up. "That and, they were just too loud for me."

Sealand face palmed, he should have guessed that. They are usually too loud, well Denmark is usually too loud.

"Well I guess we should head back," Estonia said walking back to the room, Sealand happily following.

When they entered, Sweden saw them and had a worried look on his face. Finland say him and seemed to sigh in relief, "Where were you too?"

Estonia smiled, "Oh just out in the hall talking,"

Sealand nodded and smiled, "Yeah, Estonia is super cool, he's so much more than just a Nordic, or a Baltic!" Sealand said happily.

"Of course we know that," Lithuania said with a smile, "Just as I am more than just a Baltic also."

"What about me? I am more than Baltic too right?" Latvia smiled and said.

Estonia took his seat with a small chuckle, "We are more than just Countries, we are people."