Chapter Twenty Seven

When I left the sun was still in the middle of rising and from the look of the red sky it was pretty cranky. Clouds sifted through, some grey threatening good old London spit from the heavens, the others just enjoying being white and high.

Ryuu gave me a ride back to my place on the back of his bike and I was able to snuggle against his back as he drove through the empty early morning traffic.

He was so warm, such a broad back, so strong.

When I finally got off the bike I had to wrap my arms around myself to keep myself from shivering, I wanted him to go into my house with me but I knew that wasn't an option so I stood silently, pecked him on the lips before going red and walking quickly off.

Anyway Ryuu had to leave quickly to meet with his manager or one of his managers which may or may not be the aforementioned Aiko... or was it Minami?

Either way I worried what that meant, if Minami was intending to persuade him to return to Japan rather than extend his stay.

In all my life I don't think I've ever been so selfish. I really was a brat, I wanted him to stay with me in England and I would hold on with all my nails until he commanded me to let him go.

I just really, really wished he didn't do exactly that.

As I walked I randomly jumped into a shallow puddle, loving the sound of the water and the space it covered.

Childish.

Then it began to spit and I ran, that's what we Londoners do.

Sometimes people ask me why we never seem to have umbrellas, no matter how much rain, heavy or light, up or down, we would rather run from the rain then get out our dang umbrellas.

When I opened the door it occurred to me that my dad might be pissed at me, that he might just realize that I wasn't sleeping over at Darren's.

I edged the door open, it creaked, my keys jingled.

Donna turned to look at me from the doorway of the kitchen in sweats and a vest and froze, yogurt in one hand, spoon in the other. She snorted and then started laughing.

"Hi," I smiled.

"Hi Mr Guilty, what's with the sneaky look?"

I grinned, "Not up to anything."

"Just the answer a guilty person would give."

Before I could laugh I realized my dad was standing just an inch behind her and subconsciously I realized just how similar in height they were.

He crossed his arms and stared at me.

Before I could say anything he asked, "Have you had breakfast?"

I stood silent for a second then answered, "Oh, no."

"So what, he won't feed you or you didn't want to eat?"

"I didn't really think about it."

"Yeah well if you don't then maybe he should."

It was weird how he talked about Ryuu, like he knew the dynamic between us.

"Dad that makes no sense," Donna said as she squeezed past him to go back into the kitchen.

"It makes more than sense."

"Now that makes even less sense..." She laughed.

"Don't be right all the time," My dad laughed, turning to follow her into the kitchen.