Trying Not To Love You (13)

I have to say, suspension has its ups and down. The up side is that you can sleep in until the afternoon (which is exactly what I did this morning) and do anything you want at home or wherever you want to go. The down side is that I have nothing to do! I honestly thought this suspension was going to be fun, though with my mom out of the house and no fun contraptions at the house, I am bored as hell. It would've been fun for the devil to suck me out of my bed and take me down there right now, though I don't see that happening in the near future.

                So here I am, sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in my hand. I had my favorite over-sized Superman shirt with the big "S" in the chest area with my black and red checkered pants. I take another sip of the delicious coffee as I glance at the clock that read it was about seven minutes after eleven. Yep, I am bored out of my mind with nothing to do.

                After a few minutes of sitting at the table and repeatedly sipping my coffee, an exciting thing finally happened: the doorbell rang. It might not seem exciting to you, though it is to me. It might give me someone to talk to, or whatever decided to suddenly ring my doorbell this early in the morning. Although, I'm sure it's only the mail man. No students would be at home since it's a school day.

                Sighing, I dumped the left over coffee in the sink and trudged over to the door. I slowly turned the doorknob and fling the front door open, and boy I wasn't expecting what I saw.

                Hayden stood there with the corners of his lips and his earthy eyes staring at me in amusement. He had his hands stuffed in his jeans pockets and his hair made it seem that he just rolled out of bed. However his hair looked like that everyday, so he probably does roll out of bed without even combing his hair.

                "What the hell are you doing here?" I hiss irritatedly. I actually hoped Hayden was some sort of mailman. I didn't want to deal with him this early in the morning, especially on my suspension day!

                He snorts and chuckles. "Nice Superman shirt."

                I cross my arms over my chest, hoping that the shirt he mentioned wouldn't be a distraction to the question I had recently asked. "Thank you. Now let me ask you again: What are you doing here?"

                Hayden mimics me and crosses his arms over his muscular chest. And I would know it was muscular, I've seen it in that time we had been in the bathroom and doing our... It just had a lot of action involving our hands. "I'm here to save you from hell."

                "Excuse me?" I ask, squinting my eyes curiously at him. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

                He smiles that toothy grin. "Now you worry about school?" I shrug at his point. Even though I'm in those honors classes, I've never really cared since they weren't challenging enough. "Look, with your suspension after that fight, I know you are bored out of your mind. So, being the nice guy I am, I decided to keep you company today."

                "Look, Hayden, if this is a part of the bet--,"

                "This isn't part of the bet, trust me. I'm just being the good guy I am and helping out a friend."

                I huff in a breath of air. I have a mental debate in my head, choosing whether or not I should hang out with Hayden today. If I chose to stay home, I would still be bored as hell. As for Hayden's offer, well, I guess he could keep me company for today. I just have to keep my guard up and keep my end up of the bet.