Background Info

Hey this will basically hold background bits of information that you can check out if your a bit lost or want to know more about something! Also if you want anything explaining in any length of detail just comment on this or any of my other chapters and i'll be sure to add it to this :)

I'll be adding to this chapter throughout writing the novel.

Hope you enjoy...

_ _ _ _ _

The Neriptia (Legend)

Legends say that the Neriptia were formed from the powerful bond between vampires and cats which became secured through the breath and fire of the Goddess Isha.

Our species was moulded through a wish that was shared between the noble vampire Gwaednerth and his love for Sanura, a cat who had a curse placed upon her from birth, which meant that only at night could she become a vampire and only in the presence of her true love, her soul mate. Gwaednerth felt Sanura’s pain and torment as she had to endure being a cat from day to day and so he finally decided to visit the great dragon Isha and ask for her blessing – to turn them into a species where they could both be happy together. She agreed, but on one condition, that they would teach their young who presented gifts of great powers. To bind them to their word she gave them a test of endurance for both their mental and physical state - Welun Sorwhitaj, the Moon Ritual (this ritual is different in each realm as all hold true to a different element). They both survived the test and so Isha granted them their wish and presented them with the Filkiati Knife, the Justice Knife and the land which would one day become the Seven Realms. A bolt of light was said to have flashed at their first passionate kiss, and from then on the Neriptia were born and have ruled the Seven Realms since.

The second to be born were the seven Kings and Queens who swore oaths of protection over their element and realm by creating a bond in the form of a statue of the Goddess in the centre of the realms; it used all of their unique gifts with the elements to build something of this magnitude.

The Grand Elders and the Four Fates were next to be born out of Gwaednerth and Sanura’s love, and soon the Neriptia dominated the Seven Realms and worshipped the Goddess Isha for her blessing.

The one odd thing that the Neriptia all shared was their catlike tails. No two tails were the same, but all matched the colour of the owner’s eyes, and as each Neriptia aged their tail became more intricate and wonderful to show that they were creations of Isha, and that they were all special in her eyes.

_ _ _ _ _ 

The Filkiati Knife

Or the Justice Knife, to be precise, was forged by Isha to reveal the honesty and truth in a person during the Welun Sorwhitaj.

The blade, made from Aurix (a golden metallic substance buried deep within the earth, is malleable yet when heated becomes resilient and robust, producing high quality swords and knives alike), stands at around 12 inches high with a slight curve to it, making it easier to cut deep into flesh. This golden blade is secured with a small handle, completed with scales from the Goddess Isha. Every slash made with this knife changes the colour of this handle to resemble the seven elements: fire (auburn), water (sapphire), earth (emerald), air (sky blue), blood (scarlet), light (silver) and spirit (a combination of all the other elements’ colours).

This weapon was reproduced until there were seven, one for each of the realms; so that they could all hold their own ritual however they saw fit. For our realm (Siksta: the realm of light), it is held in the city of Mitne, hiding inside the Darastrix Temple (where the people go to pray for Isha, hold ceremonies and, of course, try for the Welun Sorwhitaj) where it lays on a stone table, under a cabinet of the finest glass which has been forged through magic and can only be penetrated through the touch of a virgin (which all the Maidens are). However, this type of magic can only be found from a Maiden possessed by light, therefore only the Maidens that reside here in Mitne, in the Siksta Realm are the only ones who can hold and wield such a precious entity.