~Chapter Fourteen: An A in Chemistry~

Shoutout to BatDomo for making my cover <3

***

The unmistakable sting of an insect bite sent Savannah into a murderous rage as she glared at the retreating back of Anthony Dekker.

“Did you dress me in Cardin to traipse around a fucking forest?” she screeched, unable to keep the fury out of her voice and deliberately stomping on a passing centipede as she tried not to trip over her feet.

Anthony, on the other hand, was as calm as a pot of peach paint. His black Converses crunched onto twigs and branches, the snap of the sticks becoming a constant beat. The sun was beginning its final dip into the horizon, a splatter of red and orange against the sky. Despite this, the heat was close to unbearable, and he could feel the slow trickle of sweat down his back.

“Don’t bloody ignore me, Tony!” Savannah screamed from behind him, almost twisting her ankle in her high-heeled bronze gladiator sandals. I’m going to kill him, she thought to herself, shooting death rays at his back.

I have to kill her, Tony reflected, pulling a low-hanging vine of ivy out of his way.

He had no idea why he was taking Savannah to his holiday cabin. Heck, he had no idea why she was even still breathing. The only thing he was sure of was that this location would have no phone reception; therefore a certain Italian would not be able to reach him. Dekker knew how pissed Ruthless would be once he’d tried his number repeatedly and got nothing. But it couldn’t be helped.

You’re confused. Just admit it.

“Where the hell are you taking me?” Savannah’s voice finally penetrated his skull.

He spun around sharply, startling her so much that she took a step back and tripped over a log, falling to the grassy pathway in a messy heap.

“You’ve ruined the dress,” Tony said, his mouth a grim line as he reached down to help her up.

Savannah refused the gesture, opting to pull herself up. “Fuck off,” she spat.

“Fine.” Anthony turned on his heel, increasing his pace.

Savannah considered turning around and running in the opposite direction, but, looking around at the thick, leafy vegetation surrounding her, thought better of it. Anthony clearly knew where he was going, whereas she probably couldn’t locate her left butt cheek in this forest. So, tottering dangerously in her heels, she stalked after him.

It was beginning to get dark. Savannah could hear the cacophony of crickets starting up and she finally wondered if Anthony really knew where he was going. This whole thing made absolutely no sense to her. Why had he abducted her from one island only to bring her to another one? Besides that, he was an A-grade asshole.

Just like his father, Savannah thought darkly, finally getting close enough to her guide.

“Are you thirsty?” Anthony didn’t even bother to turn around.

Savannah blinked. “No,” she replied vehemently, although she was parched.

“Very well.” Tony reached into the black shoulder bag he had been carrying since they’d ditched the X6, and produced a silver canteen. Pausing, he took a long swig of the water. Savannah stopped short, watching him.

“Are we almost there?” she snapped.

Anthony shoved the bottle back into the bag, zipping it closed. “Almost.”

“It’s getting dark, in case you’re blind.”

Tony smiled wryly to himself. Savannah was by far the feistiest female he had ever come across. She was being dragged through the tropics against her will, and she still managed to be sarcastic.