What Is True Love (Part 13)

"I can't believe you left me at that apartment!" Liu shouts over my head. I don't say a word and stare down at the palms of my hands. "When I woke up on the floor, I immediately looked to my left to see if you were there. And you weren't! Instead, I have to be informed by Chelsie that you left the apartment. She was crying like a baby! Jack was also there too, trying to comfort her....I don't remember where James was at that time...." In my head I imagine Chelsie crying against Jack's shoulder. At least they could end up as a happy couple..... "I was mad at her." Liu runs up to me and and practically shouts in my ear, "WHAT?" "I got angry at Chelsie.....and James....." I say quietly. Liu takes a seat next to me and hums a little. "So what's for lunch?" I gave her a surprised look. "Um I thought you would--" "Would what? Ask? You obviously don't want me to mingle in your business, Abelle and that's fine for me." I let out a sigh of frustration. "Look....I'm just really not in a good mood now. I hate James and Chelsie. They're too perfect for each other."

Liu gasps at me. "WHOA! Where did that come from?" "James was drunk last night." Liu laughs. "Yeah and?" She doesn't get it...not yet. "Before we all knew he was drunk.....James told me that he loved me. We were together in a small room....I thought he was for real but...." I look away so Liu couldn't see my teary face. Just talking about James makes me cry! "But then....Jina came and we all knew he was drunk. JAMES WAS DRUNK! Can you believe him? He was drunk when he told me that he loved me! It can't be for real...he wasn't even serious! When I confronted him this morning, all he could do was apologize and then....Chelsie came through the kitchen...wearing her nighties....oh my god...!" I start to cry with Liu just sitting there watching me. "So you're just going to lose faith in James like that?" I give Liu a serious look. "What else am I suppose to do? I really do love James, but....maybe he's not the same type of person anymore. If Chelsie really loved Jack, then she would have broken up with James ages ago." Liu shrugs at me. "So what are you going to do now?" I take a deep breath and made sure that not another tear would slide down my cheek. "I don't know...for now."

I pour myself a glass of lemon tea before I heard the doorbell ring. Out on the balcony and too tired to get up, I yell out, "It's open!" I don't turn around when I feel the person's prescence behind my chair. Why are you so freaked out? If it was a criminal, he wouldn't ring my doorbell. "Ah...I see what you're doing. Though I expected more." Jack takes a seat in the other chair beside me. Him? Oh great. "Why are you here?" I ask him in a suspicious tone. "Liu called me...she said you were very upset." I don't say anything and Jack goes on, "I expected you to be sober when I came in...but you seem to be enjoying yourself." I let out a small laugh. "Sober? Really...sober? Why would I...."Jack's face turns pinkish and I knew. "When Chelsie left you...you just cried and drank?" Jack frowns at me. "I wouldn't say I cried...but I did drink a lot. Up to the point where I was really tired and I took a long nap." I shook my head at Jack. "I don't want to drink, not anymore since the party." Jack stares at me with a funny expression on his face. "Liu says you're mad at James because he was drunk--" "THAT'S NOT THE MAIN POINT." Jack raises his eyebrows at me. "Look....he was drunk, so what? But it hurts me because.....I don't want to talk about it. I just feel jealous at how James treats Chelsie when they're together..." my words trail off.

Jack doesn't say anything and our conversation ends in a silence. The next time I opened my mouth, I spoke these words: "I know how you feel now Jack." Jack glances at me but still doesn't reply. "Betrayal...is what this is..." "Now Abelle," Jack says with a chuckle, "you weren't the one being betrayed. I was betrayed by Chelsie. In this kind of situation, you're just having a jealous fit. If you really love James--" "What if I don't actually love him?" I choke out. Jack makes a hand gesture at me. "Does your heart beat faster when you're near him?" I nod my head and say, "Yes." "Do you get defensive when he's around other women you don't know or like?" "Yes...." Jack gives me a smirk. "Last question, then. If he is your true love, then will you wait for him?" I take a sip of my lemon tea, my eyes were still on Jack's. "I--" "Just answer honestly and clearly." If he is my true love, then will I wait for him? "I just...don't know." I say with a sigh. "What am I waiting for? For him to leave Chelsie? For him to talk to me? I just don't know!" Jack rubs his eyes then says, "Okay think of it this way. Do you want James to be happy with whoever, that doesn't involve you?"