Chapter 23

Arnav stood shocked, sensing the bullet passing past him and turned to see Khushi holding a gun. Then only he realized it was Khushi who shot the one goon who had the gun. That person held his hand to his chest, howled in pain, dropping the gun and retreated realising his hand was now useless and couldn't do anything.

Arnav then turned around and shot one's leg and they throw the hand weapons they had at them in anger and Arnav ducked.

Buy from from the corner of his eyes, he saw Khushi shot another goon's leg and everyone retreated realizing their boss with the gun was already gone. They too ran after the jeep that was already on the road and climbed on it..

Arnav watched them for a minute confirming their retreat and put his gun back. He turned around and yelled at her for the first time clutching her shoulders enough to bruise.

“What were you thinking Khushi..? I told you to sit in the car and drive somewhere safe. Why can't you listen to me...?"

Khushi just answered him calmly while letting the butterflies wrecking havoc in her stomach to settle.

“First of all I am not a damsel in distress so you can show your sword and save the day. I am fully trained and have a licence for gun. And if you notice without yelling at me, you'll see a punctured tyre of my car from the thorns and stones in the forest road.. What do you expect me to do?"

“But.. How could you put yourself in danger..?"

“If your senses left you, I'll refresh your memory that before you came to be my personal guard, I've taken care of myself very well. And I can't just leave you Arnav.." Khushi told Arnav all the while cursing her for revealing her feelings in the last sentence.

She was scared for the first time about someone's safety other than her di.

Arnav's anger melted like ice hearing her last words but still he kept his reaction blank.

She's so..... Ugh...

“Ok.. Let's call someone and arrange a car.. Yeah..?" He asked her.

She coughed, he looked at her questioningly.

She looked down at his hand and he realized he was still holding her shoulder. He lowered it from her shoulder, all the while caressing her hands.

She coughed again and turned her head away to hide the blush.

“We can't Mr.Raizada. I told you this is a deserted area. There will be no tower. Let's go the way we travelled. There will be a village which I've visited two or three times and let's see if the shop with landline is open or not. If not let's stay there till morning. No, maybe not.. Let's not stay here maybe those people may come again.."

“Yeah.. " He told her watching her lifting her shirt, putting her gun in her pocket..

She looked at him and told..

“I have two guns and also a small knife in my leg.. Ok..? I am not defenseless Mr.Raizada.." She gave him a smirk. He just nodded not wanting to argue..

“First of all take the first aid.."

“What..? What happened.." He asked in worry.. Has something happened to her..?

“Its nothing Mr.Raizada."

“Show me Khushi." He ordered her.

She lifted her leg where one of the smaller knife was thrown by one of those thugs had graced her. She pulled it out slightly wincing.

Arnav went into full panic and lifted her...

“Put me down Mr.Raizada, it's nothing." She told him.