Chapter 06

Khushi woke up from the nightmare. It was always like this.. Her past haunted her a lot now too. She didn't scream though. Most people screamed and twist around when they have nightmares in their sleep but Khushi never did that.

She just gritted her teeth and tolerated even in sleep. Nothing could make her lose the mask she puts on.

Her head was throbbing continuously. She just had these kind o headaches more often. She doesn't share things and feelings with anyone if it became unbearable she took sleeping pill, a little heavy dose.

She got up wiping the sweat on her face or was it tears? It's not. Because she never cried. It was a curse to have such a life and never felt being loved. She has her sister though but still she never felt loved. Who wants love?. Hate was all she has inside her and  It kept her sane.

She ignored the constant pain in her head and went to her personal gym to do the daily routines. She had black coffee before taking a bath.

She was preparing for the upcoming meetings when NK called

“Good morning mam"

“NK" she gritted her teeth “Call me mam one more time, I will make sure you never call anyone mam."

She hated this. NK was one of very few she cared about but he never understood because she can't quite control her anger.

“Sorry khushi ji" NK gulped nervously.

She sighed giving up. She didn't want to argue in the morning itself. She was already having a headache. Then NK went on with today's schedules and meetings she had to attend.

She went through everything again in her mind. She wanted everything to be perfect. She was after all work machine in the industry field. Just then she had a call from an unknown number. No one knew her number unless it was important people.

“Can i speak to Ms. Khushi."

“Yes, I am Khushi. You're?"

“Akaash, the owner of bodyguard company your sister visited."

Khushi sighed. Oh God, she forgot this completely. Payal di has to make her life more miserable than it already was.

“I am listening. Proceed Mr. Akaash."

“Mam, Your sister discussed your security and guards for your safety. Can you tell me how many guards should be provided 10 or 20?"

Khushi thought What? Ten or twenty? God, How can I be with 10 or twenty people around. This was so stupid. Imagining her with the guards parade wherever she went would be unbelievable. She would draw attention which she hated too much. She hated the media and attention.

“One will be enough Mr. Akaash."

“Mam.."

“It's enough."

“Mam, but your sister said..."
Akaash couldn't believe this. Payal told how her sister was but this was too much.

Damn.. Payal di would know.

“Ok fine.. Four will enough Mr. Akaash."

Akaash couldn't argue after this because her tone had some authority which surprised Akaash. No wonder, she owned number one fashion company.

Khushi then discussed about the payment and further details with Akaash.

“Ok mam. Where should I tell them to visit you.?"

“My office, sharply at morning 10 "

“They will be there. Anything else.?"

“Nothing Mr.Akaash."