Elemental Fate Book One: The Dragon Girl

“Do not be afraid; our fate

Cannot be taken from us; it is a gift.”

Dante Alighieri

To the creators of Avatar: The last air bender, you inspired me to kindle a fire of dreams.

Prologue 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Book of Legends: Epitome of Elements.

Long ago before man this earth was inhabited by gods. These gods obtained power over the elements around them and used these powers to create the world. Then one god created man and loved him so. He gave him everything including his own daughter as wife. She was the most beautiful women in the world. Man had many children and never aged, hungered or suffered in anyway. But this wasn’t enough. He went to the god who created him and begged him for power of his own. The god being kind and loving man so much gave in and gave him power over the four main elements. But this was a mistake. Soon the man began to wage war over other gods claiming the world belonged to man. He took over the earth and his children began to be born with powers as well. Man was unstoppable. The gods all turned to his creator begging him to destroy man who he loved so much. He told them he couldn’t take away his powers for man was now stronger then the gods them self. So the gods decided to create a world connected but unseen to the earth. They called it the Spirit world. There they resided while man became a tyrant making his fellow man and women into slaves.  No one could stop him because he had power over all the elements. But the gods were planning. They created another man and called him Epitome, they gave him the same powers as man and he learned to master them. Then they gave him the ability to travel between the earth and the spirit world. They told him only he could bring peace and balance to the world. Epitome challenged man and defeated him. The gods then came and took away man kinds immortality and powers except for Epitomes.  But Epitome told the gods he wanted to give up his immortality so man could be one with elements. After long debate the gods agreed that people will be able to bend the elements but none may control more than one except for Epitome. Many decades of peace went by before Epitome became ill with age. When he passed the gods were so upset that they decide to reincarnate him always so that there would always be an Epitome to bring peace to man. Since then when an Epitome of the Elements passes they are reborn into a cycle of Air Fire Earth and Water. They bring peace to the world of man.

History of the New Age: Chapter1-Egalitarianism

Introduction:” The dream of a King”

In the darker ages when barbaric benders suppressed the non-bending community a king rose to power. He had this dream of a world where there was peace but he knew this world couldn’t exist with element bending tyrants like the Epitome. So he decreed that bending was illegal in his country and that anyone caught doing so was banished. This started the great Egalitarian Revolution. Soon thousands of people flocked to the bending free kingdom and it began to gain more and more power. Soon there was really nowhere for the bending community to go and they went to plead the king. This earth kingdom king told his earth benders if they wanted to stay they had to fight in his crusade against the impure countries. They agreed and then both the water and fire Nations fell. With three powers on his side he then went after the Air kingdoms. The Air King was also the Epitome. Fearing the slaughter of his people he used his powers to lift his Temple Palace into the sky. Then he flew down to free the rest of the benders but he was too late. The king brainwashed them and they all turned on him. In the end only a handful of benders were left and the Epitome used his powers and took their bending. Then he disappeared forever. This was the glorious triumph of our King. He then decreed anyone born with bending would be put into his army or slave camp and anyone born with or caught fire bending would be put to death.

Conclusion:

Every fire bender was destroyed and with none left the cycle of the Epitome would stop and there would be no one left to try and stop the Egalitarian Revolution.

Or so we thought.