The Hidden Royal [15]

^For making me an awesome cover!                                                                   

                                                                     Damien

       "I want her now. I don't care if you have all the packs in the country looking for her. Try harder." I growled into the phone, trying to control my wolf that was wanting to slaughter everyone. Even my mate's family downstairs. We were more furious at them more than anyone. They allowed her to leave with a mate less male. I knew they were lying that they didn't know she left. I was an alpha. How stupid do they think I am.

         The man behind the phone sighed in defeat. "Fine. I'll call you back to let you know if we find anything." I hung up and made my way downstairs where several of my pack members were. I expected them to be looking for clues, but they were watching television.

         "What's going on in here?" I demanded. "My mate has disappeared and you're sitting around doing nothing?!" Fear was clear on their faces except for my parents. They both looked tired, especially my mother.

          "Son, I think you need to watch this." She said, gesturing to the television. I gazed at it to see my other mate, the princess going to stand up in front of everyone. I watched as she took a deep breath, looking nervous and scared, yet she stood and held her head high with confidence.

           "As you all know, I have been absent for quite a while. It wasn't safe for me to stay here, due to an issue that will soon be solved. I was living in America, pretending to be a completely different person. As in, different name, scent, outer appearance." She then turned her eyes to the camera as if she was addressing someone that was watching it. "I went by the name of Michelle Haley. My time there, was to be honest, a wreck. I had found my mate, but he rejected me."

          I froze, staring at the screen in shock. The princess was... Michelle? I heard my wolf snort in my head. I tried telling you several times, but you always interrupted me. I wonder why in the hell I ended up stuck in you. I sucked in a deep breath and ran a hand through my hair. How could I have not known this? Why was I so stupid! I should've looked more into how similar they looked.

          Sitting on the couch, I watched as the king rushed over to her in anger. Acting as if she hadn't heard a word he said, she continued talking. "I found out recently. After reading some fan letters, I found one that spiked my interest. He had thought he had two mates. One of them being the princess. He couldn't go against a Royal like that and mate with someone else. He had no idea we were the same people until now. Damien, if you're listening, I forgive you. You had no idea Michelle was the princess and I had no idea that you knew your mate was me. The real me. I just hope you can forgive me for that and for something that I'm about to reveal to everyone." Although I was a little mad that she hadn't told me, I blamed the whole thing on me. I should've tried to get to know her more, instead of assuming things. Maybe if I wouldn't had been such a jerk, she would've told me and she would be in my arms right now.

             "As your princess, it's my duty to keep you all safe. You are all special in my heart. So that's why I'm giving myself up to the danger that has been threatening my life for months now. Goodbye." Her dad tried to reach for her, but she moved out of his way and ran. I stood up abruptly and watched as she ran into the forest. No, she couldn't. She wouldn't! She was giving into that sick, poor excuse of a wolf. The alpha that claimed what was mine. He could do anything to her. I haven't even marked her as mine yet. As that thought came into mind, I saw red. I'll kill him myself. I'll torture him if he even puts a finger on her. Either way, he's dead. I will get my life back. My beautiful, amazing mate. Princess Victoria Markus.