The Hidden Royal [9]

“Victoria!” Chloe cried, knocking on my door impatiently. “Please, open this door! What the hell is wrong with you?” After several minutes of pleading, she gave up, and I waited to hear her faint footsteps walk downstairs before letting out another sob. I buried my head into my pillows and let it all out. Imagining my mother’s pain and how much she was going through right now sent me into a huge depression. On top of that, Damien has another mate. What did I ever do to deserve this? I mean, I’ve been a very great princess to all of my people, so what have I done wrong?

        As the hours passed by, Chloe and her family have attempted to try and talk to me, but I just told them to go away. They wouldn’t understand. It’s not like I can talk to them about my mother because if I did, Damien would be killed.

         “Victoria! Hunny, it’s time for dinner.” Bonnie called and knocked gently on my door.

         “I’m not hungry.” I mumbled .

         “I brought you some food instead. I know you don’t want to talk to anyone, so I brought up something. Please sweetie, let me in.”

         I wiped the tears off of my face and opened the door to a concerned Bonnie. She gave me a gentle smile, and handed me a plate of chicken, corn, and fries. “Thank you Bonnie.”

         She sighed. “It’s no problem, but listen. If you need to talk to anybody, please come to me. You’re like another daughter to me and I love you very much. Alright?”

         I weakly nodded. “Thanks. I just need to be alone right now.”

         “I understand.” With another sad smile, she walked away and I shut the door again. I sat on my bed, and began to eat my food, even though I knew my stomach wouldn’t accept it. After a long moment went by, my hand flew up to my mouth. I shoved the food aside quickly, and ran into the bathroom. I leaned over the toilet and threw up everything. I couldn’t even stand up to go to my room after this. My body and mind was so weak that I fell asleep right there.

         My eyes slowly opened to see that I was laying on my bed. I looked around and saw that Chase was beside me, watching me with concern. There were light purple shadows under his eyes, showing that he hadn’t had any sleep.

         “Please tell me what’s wrong Victoria.” Chase whispered, brushing a strand of hair out of my face. “I hate seeing you like this.”

         I swallowed the lump in my throat and closed my eyes to hold back the tears. “I’m going through a lot right now.” I hated not telling him what was going on. He was like another brother to me and I usually tell him, Chloe, and Shawn everything.

         “Like what?”

         “I can’t tell you.” I breathed, looking into his eyes. “Chase, please leave. I need to be by myself for a little while.”

         He frowned. “Why can’t you tell me so I can help you? I’m so worried about you Victoria.”

         “I know. But I really need some time to myself. Things are happening to me that I can’t really explain. It’s too painful to even express into words. I seriously feel like I’m dying right now.”

        He sat up and took my cold hands into his. “Please tell me what the hell is going on. Is it Damien? Because even though he is Alpha, I’ll beat his face in.”

        "No, don't Chase. It'll make things worse if you did. And he's not the only problem that I'm so upset about." I explained. "If only I could just tell you."

        He squeezed my hand and hurriedly said, "But you can. You know you can trust me."

        "If I told you, Damien and others... would be in grave danger. More danger than myself even." I confessed. "Let me handle it. Alright?"

        He let out a long sigh. I detected the saddness, curiosity, and hurt in his eyes. "Are you in danger?"

         I wasn't going to lie to him. However, I wasn't going to tell him the whole truth. "Yes." I whispered.

__________________

Okay, I know this is really short, but it was a good place to stop at. And plus, I'm so tired. If you see any mistakes, please tell me. Anyway, thanks to everyone who has commented and voted on this story. It seriously makes my day that someone enjoys my writing. Also, it is much appreciated to the people who have fanned me. You guys are what helps me carry this story on. Even though it's not much, I'm still happy with what I have : D

So hopefully, i'll have time to write more this week. I've been so busy, with school and such. It's now winterbreak and I thought that I would have time to update all three of my stories, but I didn't expect to be doing so much. I just got back from Savannah, which was awesome! And tomorrow, I'm going to go spend the night with my sister, and then....

GO SEE RED! Yes, my favorite band of ALL TIME! Like, you guys have no idea how pumped I am. Hopefully, I won't faint. I knew I would have if I actually met them, but the meet and greets tickets were sold out. Boo...

Remember to comment, vote, and fan!